Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing windows - how?

Options
  • 01-01-2007 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

What is the proper way to install pvc windows into a timberframe house?

I have had two methods told to me, but I am not sure what is correct.

1) Screw wooden batons to the window frame and then use these batons to fix frame to the timberframe walls.

or

2) use ties to attach windows to the timberframe walls then put batons around window on the timberframe walls and then fill the gap with mastic.

I was told by the timberframe company that the first procedure was correct, I was told by the window installer that the second procedure was correct (although he has never installed windows in a timberframe house before), he said that the only reason that the first method was used was to allow quick installation of the windows.

Please can anyone tell me what the correct way to install the windows into the timberframe house is???? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭digitalninja

OMG UZE LINUX
    LOL
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭boarduser01

what??!!!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I wud believe the TF company, if the window company have never installed on a TF before then I would be wary of using them

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

The Homebond book has a whole section on that. If you can't get your hands on a copy I'll take a scan of the relevant pages tonight and post them.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭boarduser01

thankyou davidoco - have pm'd you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement