Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

To sling or not to sling.

• 01-01-2007 10:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭
    Master of the Universe

I thought this would be a no brainer. I don't want my rifle falling and breaking on some massive rock.

But. They're actually a pain in the arse. Keep catching on things. Don't allow for free movement. Basically seem to get in the way a hell of a lot more then you'd expect.

So, I am currently taking mine off of my Famas.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

I'LL TAKE IT!!!!!!

I found it a b!tch to use the p90 after lunch at pred that time coz i had no sling and had to keep putting it down whenever i went to do something.

Can only imagine how bad it would be with my new toy, the M15A4 SPC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Well, it was useful between games. But whenever I was climbing through bushes and foliage it kept catching on stuff. Then when I wanted to actually aim at something it was getting in the way.

You got a M15A4 SPC? Christ man, how many guns you have now? should post up a pic of them all together. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Fiach Dubh

Depends on the weight of the gun I'd say. Your FAMAS is quite light so you probably wouldn't miss a sling too much, G3/AK's and so on you'd probably want one. Carrying the full weight of them all day can be a pain.

Master of the Universe

I hope you're not planning on slinging a standard AK, I saw a few small kids at Predator lugging them around all day with no bother ;)

No I'll be slinging two at once ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Harekin

If my P90 sling ever gets here Ill not have a snagging problem...look at it...its is "shek-she".
    SG-P90c.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

admittedly I haven't skirmished with it, but I can't see myself trusting a sling enough to let my FAMAS swing from my body. I'd say it'd be handy between games, but I wouldn't use it other than that.

I don't have any problem with the tac sling on my Beta, it's set quite close. If I drop the rifle and push it back it sits against my side. Can't see any more snag potential with it then any other part of my kit.

The AK74 is a different issue with just a straight sling but I have a U.S. anti-fragmentation vest (1979 pattern) with rubber mounts on the chest to hold webbing. If I hook the sling over them the rifle stays put, problem solved ;)

Master of the Universe

That's an interesting looking p90 sling Harekin. I might look into a 3 pointer sometime myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

you can get a universal mount for the p90 sling, it lets you just drop the gun and it sits right on your chest (centred)

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Are you going to get one?

as soon as i get the 3v card. do you have to get them on the net?

Master of the Universe

I think so. I got one from the net when they first came out. Never used it though. I don't think it took too long to come in the post. The fiver charge every time you bought a certain amount of credit seemed a bit steep.

yeah i know but if you buy €360 it's better then €10

see i want it because then i won't have to ask for a credit card, (and i can buy LOTS)

Master of the Universe

I know what you mean. I still have to use my mothers credit card. I always get hassle when its an airsoft gun :rolleyes:

yeah i know

i spent 1050 in one go with his card and wan't alowed to by FOOD for a month or two, it was the first thing i've bought on the net and all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Waylander24

I just got a 3 point sling for my CA M15A4 Carbine. Seems to work ok.

hey waylander! haven't seen you in ages!

how do the three points work?

Yeah, i got the M15A4 SPC, sure i told you i had it on order. I'll have it with me at pred next time if ya wanna gawk. need more mags though. and a sling coz its heavy. also need to collect that stuff from NOIP still, hope he hasnt sold it on...lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Waylander24

whupass wrote:
    hey waylander! haven't seen you in ages!

how do the three points work?
    I got the M4 3 Point Sling from Tactical Assault Gear. It didnt come with any instructions so I hope I have attached it correctly. The material is nice and soft but still looks very tough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

Nice gun ya got their m8 ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭KutjeBef

I'LL TAKE IT!!!!!!

I found it a b!tch to use the p90 after lunch at pred that time coz i had no sling and had to keep putting it down whenever i went to do something.

Can only imagine how bad it would be with my new toy, the M15A4 SPC.

Get a 3 point sling and a P90 front swivel.
    It works a charm and always in the ready position.

Why tire yourself carrying it around all the time?

Only drawback I found was thats its a lot harder to change to the other hand to shoot around a corner. But that takes practice I guess.

its more for the m15 i wanted it. the p90 is practicly sold already anyway so im not too bothered by that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 234 ✭✭KutjeBef

Ah, ok.

My brother in law has a 3 point for his CA m15.

Handy jokes.

Edit: I cant spell...

Advertisement