Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online investment banking

• 02-01-2007 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭

hi there,
    had a look at the other thread but didnt offer much help.
    im just researching for a friend and thought id pop up a post. :)
    is there any sites out there that let you invest online and not charge huge fees?
    i have researched this for about an hour already and the only sites that ive come up with are aib and rabodirect, are there any other sites out there for investing in the irish market?
    any help would be greatly appreciated

not seeking legal or financial advice by the way :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Passport

I would definitely reccommend rabodirect, but you can only invest in share equity funds, good choice though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Passport wrote:
    I would definitely reccommend rabodirect, but you can only invest in share equity funds, good choice though.

Rabo charges pretty steep maintenance fees and you have to do your own tax calculations.

Check out Quinn Life.
    Also look at www.smartfunds.ie
    You'll get a better deal on Smart Funds if you go through a broker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭shamblertine

pretty much every irish site charges huge fees, but www.fool.co.uk offer a sharedealing service thats very cheap and they also give you great services like setting limits on how much you can lose with a share etc.

Its an english sharedealer though so I'm not sure what the tax implications would be for dealing with them and buying non irish shares with them. If anyone knows please tell me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

thanks for the info guys, very much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭PH4T

pretty much every irish site charges huge fees, but www.fool.co.uk offer a sharedealing service thats very cheap and they also give you great services like setting limits on how much you can lose with a share etc.

Its an english sharedealer though so I'm not sure what the tax implications would be for dealing with them and buying non irish shares with them. If anyone knows please tell me.

Thank you for your email, and please accept our apologies for the delay in responding to you.

Unfortunately The Motley Fool Share Dealing Service is only available to UK residents so you would not be able to apply for this service.

• Advertisement
Advertisement