Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sofa Bed That Will Fit Up Stairs To Attic Conversion?

Options
  • 02-01-2007 1:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

We have just had our attic converted and it is looking like we won't be able to fit a sofa bed up the stairs! I am just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what did you do? The stairwell is 73cm wide but all the sofa beds are starting at 77cm high. Surely there has to be some company who sell either smaller sofabeds for this reason or ones that can be assembled in the attic. I really want to get a 3 fold metal action one rather than one that opens out on the floor. This is the one I was looking at but the dimensions are too big. Any ideas anyone???

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=30001&langId=-1&catalogId=10151&productId=659198&clickfrom=image

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

We had the same problem and opted for the steel fold out type futon with removable cushion.One like you showed would have had a nicer look but size was the problem. Ours folds out completely flat, sides extend in or out and is quite comfy, wasn't that expensive in good ole argoose either.It was self assembly so no problem getting it up. Cant find it on the site now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I got mine in Bargaintown - its a steel 2 seater futon so nice and small and folds out to a comfy double bed. It was a self assembly job like dubtoms.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Nimina

Thanks a million, will suss out a futon so.

Cheers

Advertisement