Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happened in the G on New Year's Eve?

Options
  • 02-01-2007 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

Hey, saw something going on in the G at around 1.15AM New Year's Day. Place was emptied out, glass broken, gardai everywhere, even police tape up all around the building.
    Was anyone there? Anyone know what happened. When I passed it again this afternoon, the windows were boarded up, and Jurassic Park was closed too.

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Place was even more flamin' than usual it seems....

Some fireworks after the countdown went off and set the place on fire. Everyone escaped intact.

You can even watch it go down on YouTube!

Maybe they'll actually take this time to clean up that dump...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bi-kildare

It wasnt a major fire went back this afternoon to get our jackets as they wouldnt let us back in last night they were cleaning up from last night, other than a smell from the smoke and the big screen burnt and the front window i didnt see anymore damage, the bouncers put the fire out before the fire brigade got there.

scary stuff trying to get out from upstairs those narrow stairs, but in general people were pritty calm, smell and taste of smoke was horrible though!!

everyone made it out safely and no one that i know of was taken to hospital

didnt even make the news!!

it was an exciting start to 2007 i tell ya!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Jesus

Thats like Stardust

I'm sure everyone was shi7tin it

Whats the building like? I'm guessin theres enough exits since everyone got out ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

It's nothing like stardust. The exits wheren't chained shut.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Well there are likenesses... The gate on the right as you go to the smoking area was apparently shut (as normal), and for some reason people drifted in that direction. Also, i'd say the door between the club and Jurassic Park was locked as per usual once you have to pay to be in the club. Another potential escape route blocked.
    If there were sufficient exits, the glass at the front would not have had to be broken (or was that just some drunk drama queen?)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭angelicsaz

i had a great night in james hospital with all the guys that ended up there after the G ..... fun times. i wasnt there, I had my own little accident.
    but yeah i know this is completly random but yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

snappieT wrote:
    Well there are likenesses... The gate on the right as you go to the smoking area was apparently shut (as normal), and for some reason people drifted in that direction. Also, i'd say the door between the club and Jurassic Park was locked as per usual once you have to pay to be in the club. Another potential escape route blocked.
    If there were sufficient exits, the glass at the front would not have had to be broken (or was that just some drunk drama queen?)

From what I've read else where the fire seemed to be out pretty quickly by the bouncers. Doesn't seem likely anybody needed to smash glass to escape the flames.

Advertisement