Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Wireless

Options
  • 02-01-2007 2:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how easy/pricey it is to upgrade to the UTV wireless modem?

seem to remember they had problems with compatibility before and could only use their router.

or can anyone recommend a decent router/modem to use?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Any ADSL router/WiFi ought to work with the same UTV settings. But then I havn't tried it. It's the same as everyone else's non-LLU DSL product.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I'm using a netgear modem & router (two seperate units) on UTV without problems... Just stuck in the username and password supplied. Been using it from day 1 and it's been running fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Using the supplied BT Voyager 205 linked to my CNet wireless router in the same way (?? bypassing the CNets router and just using it as a hub/access point) as rymus and have had no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

think its 39.99 euro to upgrade to wireless with them.. you'll find the info on u.tv/utvclicksilver

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

think its 39.99 euro to upgrade to wireless with them.. you'll find the info on u.tv/utvclicksilver

That may be so but its a lousy offer as you don't own the equipment!:rolleyes:
    Wireless Modem Offer Terms and Conditions:

This offer is available to customers who sign up before 30th September 2006. Wireless compatible computer or adapter required. The Wireless modem is a Voyager 2110 and you must have an Ethernet port on your PC, Laptop or MAC for it to work if you are not utilizing the wireless capability. Range in ideal conditions is up to 50 metres indoors and up to 250 metres outdoor. The wireless modem remains the property of UTV Internet at all times and it must be returned if you terminate your service to the following address:

TNS Distribution Ltd, Unit 5 Keypoint Business Park, Rosemount, Ballycoolin Road, Blanchardstown, Dublin 11, Ireland.

Failure to return the wireless modem will result in a charge of €60.00 as well as the normal cancellation charges, where applicable. UTV Internet reserves the right to remove this offer at any time; this promotion is available while stocks last and it is for new signups or customers migrating to Clicksilver from another Internet Service provider. Usual Terms and Conditions apply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

just sign up to sum1 else after them and get another router then.. although from my experience there really good the last two years.

Advertisement