Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

blocking vents

Options
  • 02-01-2007 2:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

we have a vent in one of our bedrooms. pretty fed up with the draught and was wondering if it is safe to actually block the vent permanently. We do burn open fires and use gas for cooking, so i know carbon monoxide may be an issue, but not sure if it is really thatdangerous... any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

Don't know much about ventilation but would consider it very dangerous to block a vent as carbon monoxide poisioning is very very serious. Why not look at these venatxia vents which we installed in our new build and are very happy with them. Well worth the money. If you intend ordering the Irish agent is very expensive with them it's actually cheaper to buy them in UK. Let me know and I'll give you the details. Check them out anyway...http://www.vent-axia.com/awwebstore/products/domestic/ventaxiafreshvent.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭ScottishDanny

A Cheap option might be to put a vent cover on with a slide that covers it up. That way you can get fresh air when you're not in the room and close it when you are in. I have a couple of them in spare bedrooms and they work quite well.

Advertisement