Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best intensive hair conditioning treatment

• 02-01-2007 2:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

want to buy a good quality condioner to use once weekly. Would anyone be able to recommend any brands worth a try?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I second this question!
    Blonde hair.... extremely dry...ghd-d a lot!
    My own recommendation is the clairol hair colour conditioners.
    They're sold for about E 1.50 a tube and work wonders.
    You can get them for blondes, brunettes and redheads.
    If your hair is in reasonable condition you'd only have to use one once a week.
    It makes your hair really silky and manageable...
    Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭esperanza

bronte wrote:
    I second this question!
    Blonde hair.... extremely dry...ghd-d a lot!
    My own recommendation is the clairol hair colour conditioners.
    They're sold for about E 1.50 a tube and work wonders.
    You can get them for blondes, brunettes and redheads.
    If your hair is in reasonable condition you'd only have to use one once a week.
    It makes your hair really silky and manageable...
    Good luck!

no, i'm looking for a more upmarket solution, not your normal *daily* conditioner. I mean the type the hairdresser uses when giving a professional mask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Kérastase is great then, i've used a deep conditioner before and it was fantastic :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

I have very dry, damaged hair caused by over-colouring, using straighteners and as I am developing grey. I use the Aussie 3 minute miracle once a week. It leaves my hair silky smooth and soft - plus the smell is gorgeous.

It's not that expensive but Boots do sell sachets of it so you can try it before buying a big bottle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I tried the Aussie stuff myself, and it made my hair incredibly greasy. I use the green Kerastase treatment myself. Its ok, but I've yet to find anything better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

For hairdresser conditoning masks hmm...

I get my hair done in House of Colour, they sell tubs of conditioner for 15e that are fantastic (L'oreal Professional Absout Repair) and lil bottles of Serie Expert by Loreal. They give them away with a full loyalty card too :D My hair is bleached and I straighten it to bits and they make it amazingly soft and no puffiness.

I suggest going to local salon and asking which treatment would suit your hair.

Better yet would be getting your hair conditioned once a month by the hairdresser. Be about 20e and you can get pampered :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

I highly, highly recommend this
    Umberto Giannini Urgent Repair Intensive Moisture Mask http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1003702&classificationid=1037299

This stuff turns my hair into a silky mass of glossy curls. You have no idea how hard it is for my hair to become such a wonder. Curly hair being naturally dry it's very hard to find a product that actually does the job but this one does. So if your hair is quite dry and couldn't recommend this stuff enough. (hmm I wonder if they'll give me shares for gushing about it lol)

It's like gold dust however and very very hard to find in shops. I always stock up when I find it. I'm about to check if boots deliever :)

A.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Busterpuss

Nightwish wrote:
    I tried the Aussie stuff myself, and it made my hair incredibly greasy. I use the green Kerastase treatment myself. Its ok, but I've yet to find anything better.

i second this, that aussie stuff made my hair unbelievably greasy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

b3t4 wrote:
    I highly, highly recommend this
    Umberto Giannini Urgent Repair Intensive Moisture Mask http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1003702&classificationid=1037299

This stuff turns my hair into a silky mass of glossy curls. You have no idea how hard it is for my hair to become such a wonder. Curly hair being naturally dry it's very hard to find a product that actually does the job but this one does. So if your hair is quite dry and couldn't recommend this stuff enough. (hmm I wonder if they'll give me shares for gushing about it lol)

It's like gold dust however and very very hard to find in shops. I always stock up when I find it. I'm about to check if boots deliever :)

A.

I second this. I find it works wonders and i've tried ALOT of conditioners

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Backtoblack

kittex wrote:
    I have very dry, damaged hair caused by over-colouring, using straighteners and as I am developing grey. I use the Aussie 3 minute miracle once a week. It leaves my hair silky smooth and soft - plus the smell is gorgeous.

It's not that expensive but Boots do sell sachets of it so you can try it before buying a big bottle.

I love Aussie too! I have dry damaged hair and it really suits it!
    Does smell yum too!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Faith123

bronte wrote:
    Kérastase is great then, i've used a deep conditioner before and it was fantastic :)

Bronte - I'm with you on this one! the best - in my opinion...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

You could try Redken. They have a wide range of shampoos & conditioners for various hair types. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I too have curly hai which can get very dry, I found the Kérastase Oleo Relax (in the orange tub) did wonders, my hair felt really gorgeous afterwards.

Advertisement