Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why do immigration threads get closed

Options
  • 02-01-2007 2:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

we need proper debate yet boards.ie seem to close every immigration thread, freedom of speech yeah right well unless you left wing then you can have freedom of speech on here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

And again:
    There is no freedom of speech on boards! This is a private site where you cannot say racist or too inflammatory things.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

This isn't the forum for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Immigration threads get closed for numerous reasons. Sometimes it's because the discussion gets too heated, or sometimes it's because users get up themselves when their thread was reopened and insults the moderators, trying to rub in their faces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Are you Macmorris OP?

Are you Macmorris OP?

Or better yet, are you Lord Abbath, OP?

I think another reason why such threads get closed is when certain people might go and ask on other websites for people to join up and be "Helpfull." :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Mostly because idiots seem to ruin them it seems.

(I think there is more to it than that, but usually the above.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Or better yet, are you Lord Abbath, OP?

I think another reason why such threads get closed is when certain people might go and ask on other websites for people to join up and be "Helpfull." :)

That site is scarier than a snuff movie. A snuff movie based on home alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

It also seems to be full of people living in a fantasy world. Where is this 'black infested Ireland' Lord Abbath says he's from there?

Hah! Now that I'd pay to see. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Hes not lord abbath as abbath knows the basics of English.

Gary your thread on Romanians was likely closed because it was a rant of sh!te. I noticed your other immigration threads were closed like why are imigrants (your spelling) driving tourists away.

You want to moan, use the feedback forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 gary9112

well thats ure opinion and ure welcome to it, i didnt think it was a rant and i bet many other people didnt think so either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i think you'd be more at home with your chums over at stormfront gary.

You get to go camping in the hills, looks like great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

gary9112 wrote:
    well thats ure opinion and ure welcome to it, i didnt think it was a rant and i bet many other people didnt think so either.

I'm pretty sure calling Romanians knackers and thieves wasn't a great way to start a discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Always makes me smile when an Irishman complains about thousands of immigrants coming to thier country, the Irish have never done that have they :rolleyes:

I would love a good debate, but I believe there are other places for racist rants.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Thread Closed.

gary9112 if you have an issue with moderation of the forum take it to feedback or the helpdesk. This forum is not the place to question the decision of the moderators.

Also I suggest you read the board charter before you post any more topics. Your thread was closed because it was a rant and not a coherant discussion. If you are incapable of doing this stick to Stormfront for your little rants.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement