Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

o2 and 3g net access

• 02-01-2007 4:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

Ok as it is, I am typing this from my XDA Exec. Last week I finally got around to upgrading my sim to a 3g sim. But when I connect to the net, I get gprs speeds (no more that 1-3kb/s) I was wondering does anyone know any settings I could try and/or if I need to subscribe to a certain package with o2... hmmm or if o2 even do 3g speeds as of yet?

Cheers for any help.
    ps.. NetFront is a pretty sweet ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Have you confirmed that you have 3G coverage in your area??
    Give the network a call and they can let you know.

I've never seen (then again I haven't looked) for an option to switch between GPRS & 3G, but they may be an option in the phone settings, if there is make sure it is set to 3G.

Failing that, it's prob a case of getting on to their tech support, 1850 601740, they'll try helping you over the phone before refering you back to where you bought it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

sutty wrote:
    Ok as it is, I am typing this from my XDA Exec. Last week I finally got around to upgrading my sim to a 3g sim. But when I connect to the net, I get gprs speeds (no more that 1-3kb/s) I was wondering does anyone know any settings I could try and/or if I need to subscribe to a certain package with o2... hmmm or if o2 even do 3g speeds as of yet?

Cheers for any help.
    ps.. NetFront is a pretty sweet ;)

If you are using 3G the Exec will display a U symbol, if GPRS it displays G

Are you pre or bill pay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It'll say UMTS on the Exec screen if you've got 3G coverage. Check your device is setup in dual mode and not just gsm mode.

Advertisement