Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christianity forum menu problems

Options
  • 02-01-2007 5:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭

For some strange reason none of the thread tools or the muppet check etc menus on the Christianity forum I mod are working. All the other fora are working fine. This has happened to me before.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Which browser are you using? It works for threads that are no longer than a page otherwise I have to switch from Firefox to Internet Explorer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

What's a muppet check menu?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

InFront wrote:
    What's a muppet check menu?!

Super sekrit moderator tool. :) InFront knows too much, bake 'em away toys! *makes cutty throat gesture*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

ruu has a new avatar!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Quite odd. I have no idea what we could do to cause that to happen.
    Thread tools are a basic part of vB and not specifiable by forum (afaik!). How did you fix this when it happened to you the last time?

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

DeVore wrote:
    Quite odd. I have no idea what we could do to cause that to happen.
    Thread tools are a basic part of vB and not specifiable by forum (afaik!). How did you fix this when it happened to you the last time?

DeV.

The last time it started working again on its own.
    Damn, it just did the same thing again. :o
    I am using a new Intel-mac and Safari. It could just be a mac thing. I will try Firefox for a couple of days and see what happens. Thanks for all the help, and A Happy New Year to all.

*Cute avatar Ruu.*

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I am pretty sure we dont test Boards on Intel-Mac's with Safari :):)

I think its probably something wacko in that mix but I'm glad its fixed itself.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

The forum tools drop down menu hasn't been working for me for a few weeks, I keep forgetting to mention it. Like Asiaprod it is only on fora I moderate. I've cleared my cache, updated FF and still no dice. Strange but doesn't really affect my boardsieing so no real bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Same here have to move from Firefox to IE if I want to do some modding. Its a major pain in the gonads !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

/me wont mention the drop down tools that should be still there and working fine...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Would it be forum related? For example I could select forum tools on Eve forum and subscribe to the forum. I couldn't do that with the Nintendo forum and that was with the same browser.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I can only use the drop down forum tools on forums that have only one page. If it has more than one page it won't work.

I can open the link in a new tab though and that gives me a work around, but it's a bit annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I can only use the drop down forum tools on forums that have only one page. If it has more than one page it won't work.

I can open the link in a new tab though and that gives me a work around, but it's a bit annoying.
    Me too. On XP Firefox. However, I just realised that if you change the default amount of threads to "today" it works. Just like the glitch with the user dropdown not working on any threads that go over one page too!

That's strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Same thing here over the last 3 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

Happening to me too.

Forum Tools and Search Forum only work on forums with less than a page of threads....

Using FF 1.07. Clearing cache has no effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

this came up a few weeks back.
    those using firefox can use the IE tab.

I have the same problem as others. using firefox 1.0.7 and the drop down menus only work in threads of 1 page.
    i have to use the IE tab to muppet check, ban user etc.

Advertisement