Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annoying Burglar Alarm in The Wood

Options
  • 02-01-2007 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Please don't tell me I'm alone on this. A house alarm (or I should say an apartment alarm) in the second part of The Wood was ringing ALL NIGHT!!! My head is melted! It would stop for roughly 5 mins and then it would start again. My understanding is, burglar alarms are only allowed to ring for 20 mins. I am certain this alarm is a Lara Alarm.

Ah, I feel better now I've had my little Rant :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

It's actually been going for two days! It started early on New Years Day, as it was going when we got home from our new years celebrations at 3am.

At the Resident's Association AGM, the rep from Wyse (whose name escapes me) stated that they have the power to enter premesis and disable alarms that have been causing disturbance and the costs are passed on to the resident/owner, so if anyone knows the number of the property and the name of the chap in Wyse, please call him!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,683 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Alarms are meant to go off after 20 minutes alright, but the system then resets to a point where it can go off again. So if its a faulty sensor or if a contact remains broken then it will trigger again regardless of how many times its gone off before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Joliegood

It's been wrecking my head too. Ending up sleeping on the couch in the living room last night to get away from the noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

It was a killer last night, just got a text from home to say it's still going...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Yes indeed, It had me awake for ages last night. I was so tempted to get a ladder and rip the box off the wall. Ok, not rip the box off the wall but unwire it!

Anyone around today to check out which unit number it is so I can ring Wyse?!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

I think I know the number of the apartment, as there is an apartement for sale 2 doors away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Plenty wrote:
    I think I know the number of the apartment, as there is an apartement for sale 2 doors away
    PM the number and let Astro get busy!

[edit] Sorry... brain freeze![/edit]

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

No house numbers please, keep it to PM. If nothing else, you are posting an address on the internet for what seems to be an unoccupied house with a faulty alarm.

I've no intention of doing so. Don't be worrying!

I'll accept a PM from anyone in relation to this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

I've not been able to sleep for the last 2 nights beacuse of it, called the guards but they said they cant do anything about it

Ok guys, I rang Wyse Estate Agents and got a the voicemail of the guy who deals with Charlesland Wood. Hopefully I'll get to speak to him later.

UPDATE: Spoke with the guy from Wyse and without putting any more information than is necessary on the internet, it is all sorted!!!! Enjoy your sleep tonight!

Yay! :D

Thanks a million!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

Excellent, nice one Astro!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

it's about time!!

Good work everyone

Advertisement