Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

installing dish washer

Options
  • 02-01-2007 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi All, I live in a typical semi-detached house about 8 years old now and in the kitchen under the work top I have a washing machine. Beside it are the usual drawers for cutlery and pots and pans. Now here is the qusetion... I want to knock out the drawers and move them elsewhere and install a dish washer. Is it a big job to install one? The washing machine already is using up the hot and cold connections and waste pipe (u shape ) stuck in where it should be. Im fed up with been stuck at the sink!!!Thanks and of course Happy New Year to All!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Sounds like a pretty handy job to do. You can get a Y type connection off the shelf which will sort your cold water supply, the hot is not used. Merging the two waste pipes shouldn't be much harder although I'm not sure whether you might have to make some form of joiner yourself or get something from a plumbing suppliers. Obviously you can do a spot of proper plumbing cutting and joining etc., but I'm presuming you want to do it with a minimum of hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

It's simple, all you need is a cold water supply and a waste pipe- of which you have both! Just make sure that the unit the drawers are being taken out of is the same width as the dishwasher itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 september18

Thank you , Ill try that.;)

Advertisement