Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much CoD do you play a week?

• 02-01-2007 9:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

This Call of Duty forum has gone awfully quiet and I'm not putting this down to poor moderation (:p) but to the fact that the powers that be have left the PC gamers behind when creating CoD3 (the very same PC gamers that made CoD what it is today!)...

I myself stopped playing online. But not because I had enough of CoD! It was because my dear ISP (IBB) was providing me with such a pathetic service that online gaming was no longer feasible... :(

Good news though! Will soon have a proper ISP (fingers crossed!) and I have just invested in a new Gaming Rig so I'll be online again in no time! :D Not looking forward to being a n00b for about a month though...

Anyway, enough about me. I just wanted to have a poll to see if CoD, UO & CoD2 were still being played. Please vote and post to let us know which CoD you play!

On average, how much CoD do you play per week? 11 votes

Less than 1 Hour per Week
    0%
    Between 1 and 5 Hours per Week
    18%
    Griff7Dr.Slurm 2 votes
    Between 5 and 20 Hours per Week
    27%
    DingatronTovarishchsticky9cd 3 votes
    More than 20 Hours per Week
    54%
    LudoSteffano2002grizzly-( i )- Wickerlegologicmikedragon32 6 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

I play about 5 hours a week normally, but if my wife goes on a girls night out, then I can usually squeeze in another 5.

Haven't played UO in a while, need to reinstall it after something happened a while back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Hi Mikedragon32! Did you vote in the poll? I don't see any results yet... Maybe it's because I haven't voted myself...

Anyway, I take it you play CoD2. Is that correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

No, I play CoD1 (1.5, I think?) mostly. Never bought CoD2 as it got some poor reviews.

No, I play CoD1 (1.5, I think?) mostly. Never bought CoD2 as it got some poor reviews.
    You should give it a go! It took me a while to adjust at first but I do prefer it to CoD1 now... And anyway, if you're in a clan and like doing competitions (e.g. ClanBase) you need to be playing CoD2 as most people have migrated to it...

CoD1 is still very entertaining mind you... It feels much more precise, perhaps due to the fact that there is no anti-lag...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

COD2 newbie playing around 5-8 hours a week wife permitting.;) I was surprised at the amount of servers out there and there is a load of people still playing it. Also a lot of UK based servers with good ping rates.

• Advertisement

Dingatron wrote:
    COD2 newbie playing around 5-8 hours a week wife permitting.;) I was surprised at the amount of servers out there and there is a load of people still playing it. Also a lot of UK based servers with good ping rates.
    Yeah, it's nice to see CoD2 is still going strong especially considering we didn't get a CoD3! :mad:

I can't wait to have my connection up and running again! New PC is all ready to go and I just received my 20.1" Widescreen LCD monitor this morning! :D

But I have to wait for Eircon to send an engineer to my exchange to finalise the set-up... Will probably take weeks :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭-( i )- Wicker

I still play 5-20 hours a week, even though i only get to play at weekends. Bfecod is very addictive...
    For some good UK servers, check out my clans ones. Theyre usually quite busy.
    http://www.cruelsworld.co.uk/serverinfo.html
    (we've another server which isnt up on the website yet)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

About 20 hours a week (again depending on the wife).

Check out this server...always busy in the evenings and a good laugh. Mature piss taking players with no restrictions on cursing etc etc.

http://www.smeg-clan.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Ludo wrote:
    About 20 hours a week (again depending on the wife).

Check out this server...always busy in the evenings and a good laugh. Mature piss taking players with no restrictions on cursing etc etc.

http://www.smeg-clan.com/

Sounds like fun. I might drop by tonight and have a look.

Drop by....hopefully there won't be a clan war on in which case the server will be locked but they only last an hour at most.

There were only 2 of us poor irish members up to last month but we have had three more join within the last few weeks.

• Advertisement

Is this a CoD2 server? What's the IP? I'll pop down tonight also (I'm wolf on CoD by the way). What time will you be on?

And go easy on me! Haven't played in 7 months so I'm a big fat n00b! :o

Is this a CoD2 server? What's the IP? I'll pop down tonight also (I'm wolf on CoD by the way). What time will you be on?

And go easy on me! Haven't played in 7 months so I'm a big fat n00b! :o

Yep..it's COD2.
    IP Address: 85.236.100.165:28960

You may get a few odd questions Steffano if u go on called Wolf as the server owner is called WolfHunter :-)

Not sure when I will be on tonight as wife is on about going to Tesco or something thrilling like that :-(

Ludo wrote:
    You may get a few odd questions Steffano if u go on called Wolf as the server owner is called WolfHunter :-)
    "The hunter will become the hunted" then! ;)
    Ludo wrote:
    Not sure when I will be on tonight as wife is on about going to Tesco or something thrilling like that :-(
    You're so lucky! I'd take a trip to Tesco over a game of CoD2 any day of the week! :p

Advertisement