Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Animal Friendly Shopping

• 02-01-2007 9:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭

One of my new year's resolutions is to be kinder to the environment, including little furry friends. As part of it, I'm only going to buy cosmetics which are completely free from animal testing. I won't be buying any products from companies who test on animals even if that particular product I want isn't.
    Anybody know any COMPLETELY cruelty-free companies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭meanpeoplesuck

Good question I think it's cool when people take bigger issues into concern when they're choosing stuff to wear, not just if it looks good, I like that. I know P&G are meant to be infamously bad in terms of testing on animals etc. so any product with those letters (or Procter and Gamble) written anywhere on it in small print should probablly be avoided. I dunno if that applies specifically to makeup, but they're definitely not the nicest with house-hold cleaning products and that kinda thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

MAC are cruelty free. The Body Shop is now owned by L'Oreal so they are no longer animal friendly as the profits go to a company testing on animals. If you have pets don't feed them Iams/Eukanuba. They force feed animals obscene amounts of food for their tests and make them keep eating.

Here is a list of some animal friendly companies. Peta.co.uk has some stuff too but I find the stuff a little over the top sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭zenzen

heya, Lavera cosmetics are very good and have fab moisturoisers and a great fake tan. Dr Hauschka is great as well - both of these use organic ingredients and are totally against animal testing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

Dr Hauschka is brilliant! And as said above it is organic and 100% against animal testing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Backtoblack

http://vegetarian.start4all.com/

Hey! You might find something interesting on one of the links listed above!

Cool resolution!! Go gurl!! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

lush :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Aerial

Some companies that don't test on animals: Nivea, Revlon, Urban Decay, Clinique.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Urban Decay and Hard Card dont test on animals and urban decay also has a range of vegan products whatever that means

Advertisement