Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumbing assistance (Oil)

Options
  • 02-01-2007 10:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Recently purchased a house. It is a 5 year old house. the central heating is oil. When you put on the oil - I hear sounds resembling pipes vibrating together and water rushing. This is loud. Any advise as I have never dealt with oil. Is this the norm ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

peadair 11 wrote:
    Recently purchased a house. It is a 5 year old house. the central heating is oil. When you put on the oil - I hear sounds resembling pipes vibrating together and water rushing. This is loud. Any advise as I have never dealt with oil. Is this the norm ??
    In any heating system you can sometimes hear a ticking sound as the pipes heat up. You will also hear the sound of flowing water, if there is air in the system. Turn on all the radiators to get the air from the pipes into the rads and then check that the rads are heating up to the top - bleed them if not. Search for other posts about topping up a system and making sure that there is enough water in the system. The waterpump may be on the highest speed, a lower speed may be sufficient to circulate the water and not be as noisy.
    Jim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 peadair 11

Thanks James !!

Advertisement