Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine/Eircom won't restore my phone service

Options
  • 02-01-2007 10:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

Here's the background bit:

I'm building an extension to the side of my bungalow which meant that I had to take down the phone line that was attached to the old gable wall of the house. While I am a phone/broadband customer of "Imagine", I contacted Eircom (since they still own the phone lines) in early November to ask their advice about how I should go about getting the phone line reconnected. After being bounced around several different sections, I spoke to an Engineer who said it was Eircom's policy to place all new phone lines in a service duct undergound. It was my responsibility to place this service duct from the phone pole on the road underground to a junction box on the new gable wall of my house. Eircom would then come along and pull the new phone line through this service duct to my house where they would reconnect my phone service. I went ahead with this work and then contacted Imagine as I had to route the request through them to have my phone service reconnected. This was the 22nd November last.

And this is where it gets frustrating - Imagine contacts Eircom with my request. Eircom come back to Imagine and asks where I got the information about putting the phone line underground. I reply that one of their Engineers told me and its also stated on Eircom's website. Eircom come back asking for the Engineer's name. I reply (though Imagine) that I didn't get his name. Eircom state that they wouldn't advise placing the phone line undergound and from their information, my line is working correctly. This is laughable as the line has been physically disconnected from my house due to the building work. And this is where it hangs at the moment with Eircom doing nothing to reconnect my phone/broadband service.

The other annoying issue is that Imagine is still charging me €45 a month for a phone/broadband service that I'm not receiving.

What are my options folks -
    Comreg (a toothless wonder??),
    cancel my Imagine phone package (even though I'm on a 12 month contract until July next)
    request a new phone line installation from Eircom?

As I've been without a phone/broadband/SKY (it needs to be connected to the phone line) since the 22 November last, this is getting very bloody annoying. Advice appreciated in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Any competent electrician should be able to sort it out quickly.

Advertisement