Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

best Car for carrying Golf Clubs

Options
  • 02-01-2007 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Any suggestions? My father wants a second hand car with a boot big enough to securely carry his golf clubs..... He bought a VW Passat two years ago and had nothing but trouble with it, but I also think it is tooooooo big for him to handle ie park.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Volvo V70, BMW 5 series, Skoda Octavia, any estate or MPV.

Also, fit parking sensors/camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Most cars will take golf clubs. The corsa only requires the driver and 3,5 woods to be rempved from the bag and put in the boot on top of the bag. It'll take a caddy trolley too

ninty9er wrote:
    Most cars will take golf clubs. The corsa only requires the driver and 3,5 woods to be rempved from the bag and put in the boot on top of the bag. It'll take a caddy trolley too

If you have to remove the driver, how do you get to the golf course, and do you have to tow the corsa??? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

best Car for carrying Golf Clubs

A caddy car:D :D

Jasus may as well get that reply out of the way now.

My father has a Nissan Primera, grand big boot which he can fit two sets of clubs(large bags) and two electric caddies. Reversing camera too,although it's a bit of a gimmick IMO.

A caddy car:D :D

I had thought of that, too. Or maybe a Caddy Van... :rolleyes:

I'll get my coat :o

OP: sorry for being not-very-constructive (New Year Back-to-work blues!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I would have thought most family hatches would be big enough to hold a bag of golf clubs.

Skoda Octavia, Toyota Avensis, Mazda 6, Ford Focus or Mondeo, etc....

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

My sister went through 3 cars to find one that would fit everything for her. She bought herself a Honda CRV. :D

Get a jeep. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

how about a golf buggy ????or a hiace or a transit van??? a bus , and an artic lorry are all spacious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Seat Cordoba. Nice to drive and the boot is huge.

Fey! wrote:
    If you have to remove the driver, how do you get to the golf course, and do you have to tow the corsa??? :D

For the golf illeterate the driver is otherwise known as the 1 wood which is used to drive from the tee box. This has to be removed from the bag and the corsa will take the bag

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

the same goes for my Alfa 147 once I take out the driver club no problems but will be getting new longer clubs next month so i might have problems then..

OT: my friend has a new model VW Golf and clubs go in fines same goes for a 00 astra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

Octavia Boot is bloody massive. We have a double buggy (for kids not golf) and it's an awful awkard hoor of a yoke. Not a bother with the Octavia. Couldn't reccomend it highly enough on the a) Boot size and b) boot accessability fronts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

shapez wrote:
    Get a jeep. :D
    Jeeps are crap. Hence why they are sometimes called Heaps.

ninty9er wrote:
    For the golf illeterate the driver is otherwise known as the 1 wood which is used to drive from the tee box. This has to be removed from the bag and the corsa will take the bag

Please reinstall your sense of humour. :p

System Error: Software out of date. Please download update from http://www.microhumour.com/8635764/upd/boards.php

Get ya, but I know some people who would have meant your original literally. Was just clarifying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Angels

Audi A4 saloon, my boyfriends aunt plays golf so she bought the car based on the size of the boot & the audi A4 has the biggest out of all of the cars mentioned!

Angels wrote:
    Audi A4 saloon, my boyfriends aunt plays golf so she bought the car based on the size of the boot & the audi A4 has the biggest out of all of the cars mentioned!

The Avensis was mentioned. You could get lost in the boot of that thing. My uncle's had 5 full sets in one with more room to spare than the Rav, but the Camry has a massive boot altogether. On the other hand the S-Class doesn't have much of a boot for a car that long (the 99-05 model). But you don't NEED a big car to carry golf clubs. Some people just WANT a bigger car and use the golf clubs as an excuse to get one

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

A big estate car is your best bet. Or a full sized MPV.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭ianwalsh2

Fairly massive boot on a VW Bora. Easily room for two sets of clubs and trolleys.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Angels wrote:

The A4s boot is pretty small! Absolutely tiny in comparison to the Octy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement