Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Problems with SCART switcher box!!

• 02-01-2007 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

Hi, not sure if this is the correct area to post, but here goes...
    My TV has only 2 SCART sockets. I currenly have a DVD system on one and an NTL Cable box on another. I bought a Satelite system which also needs to be connected via SCART.

To solve this, I recently bought a 5 way Scart switcher box. I've tried connecting the NTL cable box and Satelite box to this. The problem is that I have to unplug the NTL box in order to get the Satelite box to appear on the TV correctly, even with the NTL Box switch off. If the NTL Box is connected to the switcher, the picture from the Satelite box looks distorted and has a purple colouring to it. In order to solve this I have to remove the NTL SCART from the socket on the switcher box, which defeats the purpose of the box in the first place. Any ideas on how I can overcome this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

The problem is that your NTL box and the satellite box are both sending signals at the same time.

You might be better having the NTL box in to the TV via SCART and then the satellite and the DVD in the splitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭billius

I'll try this! Thanks for the advice!!

Advertisement