Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here it comes- R600

Options
  • 02-01-2007 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭

The published results are very promising with AMD’s ATI R600 beating out NVIDIA’s GeForce 8800 GTX in most benchmarks. The performance delta varies from 8% up to 42% depending on the game benchmark.

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=5524

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

Time to sell those G80's :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,712 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

And your motherboard... :)

I just got a 8800GTS, but wasn't planning specifically to (got it fairly cheap), over an x1800xt I had got at launch, i'll be waiting to see how K8L and Intel's new offerings stand up in Q3, and the R600/G80 refreshes before doing a major upgrade again (though may add a 24/30" screen in the between time).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

8850's comming soon too :)

And their ment to be like the 7950's.

Same design.

I am just going to stop reading hardware review sites.
    Last time something like this happened around the time of the 7800GTX I freaked out and sold my rig and bought an Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Flaccus wrote:
    I am just going to stop reading hardware review sites.
    Last time something like this happened around the time of the 7800GTX I freaked out and sold my rig and bought an Xbox.

It took me about a year to learn 1 very important thing. Keep up with tech news, but dont keep up with tech hardware. Keeping 7-8 months behind is the best choice I ever made.

• Advertisement

krazy_8s wrote:
    It took me about a year to learn 1 very important thing. Keep up with tech news, but dont keep up with tech hardware. Keeping 7-8 months behind is the best choice I ever made.

Just keep up with what you can afford.

Affords is nothing to do with it :)
    I just found a place taking preorders...ordering 2.

Flaccus wrote:
    Affords is nothing to do with it :)
    I just found a place taking preorders...ordering 2.

I can see someone filing for bankruptcy soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

fall what ya do jesus you must have a nice job if ya can keep upgrading them and allso have a very sweet car .

did ya get it yet??

Only joking :)

Nah...I have another G80 from an Alienware rig that I still have not put in yet. Must get around to selling my Bad Axe 2 on adverts too.

If you can stomach never paying your credit card bill completely off (like most of the country) and do a few odd jobs on the side to supplment your income it's not too bad and I can afford to change every 6 months but seeing as I just bought a new car (should be here in under 2 weeks), what I have now will do me. I can think of at least 1 other person on boards that spends a lot more then me on the latest stuff :) Also, overdrafts are handy :):)

• Advertisement

intrest = good :D

thats what the bank say :)

yeah, wait till your actually old enough to have a proper bank account andy :)

haha im laughing because i dont got a real 1 and you do :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

I take it, no one has even bothered to properly read the article. That website has been officially denounced by everyone, the results are null and void. I'm still happy with my G80 and will continue to be until proven results state otherwise.

Yeah..I caught that about a day after the article came out. The G80 results did not even stack up. Amazing what some morons go to the trouble of doing. I guess the got a lot of hits on their site.

Advertisement