Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multimedia courses

Options
  • 02-01-2007 1:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone has information regarding Multimedia courses in the country or if anyone is doing the course and has an opinion on it. I'm a 6th year student at the moment and am strongly considering applying for Multimedia in CIT. It looks good and it looks like you can branch into a load of different careers with it. Any comments?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭spidermonkey

Steve01 wrote:
    Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone has information regarding Multimedia courses in the country or if anyone is doing the course and has an opinion on it. I'm a 6th year student at the moment and am strongly considering applying for Multimedia in CIT. It looks good and it looks like you can branch into a load of different careers with it. Any comments?

im in cit, doing 'design communications', aka graphic design and print, i have a few friends in multimedia, i'll see if they want to post up. i know that their learning curve is pretty big, java, html, actionscript to name a few, photography, web software, photoshop, movie software, some 3d software, sound engineering i think aswell. im sure theres plenty more

if you check out the itunes podcasting store there is some "internet studies and webdesign" podcasts from cit which i think are to do with multimedia department, never got any though. might be worth a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭frodo_dcu

Try this HIGHER NATIONAL DIPLOMA IN DIGITAL MEDIA at BCFE (Ballyfermot Media College)
    It used to be called multimedia up untill this year I guess, it still looks like the same course..

Its a great start and if you put in alot of personal extra work you could get a job straight after the course if you have good portfolio built up.

The lec's are great and will be able to help with much more advanced stuff than whats on the course if you want go ahead and learn more than what you have to on the course.

A big plus is that it also only 2 years, its also very pratical, 95% of the your time is in front of a computer doing work not like other courses. You can also do a 3rd year to get an honours degree in media management.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Hi

I'm in 3rd year of the Multimedia course in CIT. I can give you a breakdown of what I've done so far-

Interface design (Photoshop, Illustrator, general drawing skills)
    Animation (After Effects)
    Web Design (HTML, CSS, Javascript, Flash/Actionscript)
    Media and Culture (Media studies, project management)
    Audio-Visual Design (sound, recording, musical composition)
    Film (Film studies, camera, post-production, some special effects, storyboards, animatics)
    Photography
    Multimedia projects

There's probably a few I've forgotten... for the first 2 years I got to try everything, and in 3rd year I get to pick and choose for the most part. There's such a variety it'll end up being a mix of stuff you find easy and stuff you might find difficult. There's a lot of work involved and you'll need to learn some stuff by yourself. However I really enjoy the course, I love the variety of subjects we get to do. I'm really glad I did it.

If you have any specific questions let me know and I'll try to help.

Advertisement