Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hot Passat?

Options
  • 02-01-2007 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭

A 300BHP Passat! CBG reckon it will come in around the mid 60K mark here in Ireland. The question is having payed that much would you still feel like you are driving an owl' fella's motor?? I think those 300 horses would keep me more than satisfied!

http://www.vwvortex.com/artman/publish/vortex_news/article_1871.shtml

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Nice car, although I doubt that it will sell well at all. The Passat W8 didn't last pissing time before it was dropped.

Remove the bodykit, and you've got the ultimate Q-car. :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Power-wise it will be well below its competitors!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

I think the body kit makes it Max D. The variant looks much better than the saloon version in my opinion. Think I'd rather have the Golf R32 instead though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

underpowered RS4 for half the price, still would want an RS4 though:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

kbannon wrote:
    Power-wise it will be well below its competitors!
    Which ones?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

FX Meister wrote:
    I think the body kit makes it Max D.

Each to their own I guess. I was always a fan of the whole 'wolf in sheeps clothing' idea.

Hopefully they'll give it a proper H-pattern manual gearbox.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Biro wrote:
    Which ones?
    Off the top of my head...
    (asuming it is in this category...
    E92 M3 = ~412bhp
    Audi S4 = 344bhp

Otherwise in the larger exec category...
    M5 507bhp
    Im sure Merc have several AMG variants

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭MarkN

Seems odd... never really would've thought of a Passat as a car like that.

Not fair to lump it in with the M5 either or vice versa, could never be in the same league as an M5. Saw one in Rathfarnham last night, such an animal of a car.

Max_Damage wrote:
    Each to their own I guess. I was always a fan of the whole 'wolf in sheeps clothing' idea.

Hopefully they'll give it a proper H-pattern manual gearbox.
    I'd be with you there somewhat. I just think the regualr Passat is a boring looking car design wise and the R styling makes it look a little better. But I also prefer the Golf Mk IV R32 body styling to the Gti, it's not over the top and most people don't have a clue as to the power it's got.

kbannon wrote:

Audi S4 = 344bhp
    Maybe it's just the poor mans S4 so. From a commercial stand though wouldn't it make more sense to have it less powerful than the S4 so the S4 would have the advantage of being a more powerful car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭omega man

Mc-BigE wrote:
    underpowered RS4 for half the price, still would want an RS4 though:cool:

Exactly, half the price!. Of course I would also want the RS4 or even the M3 but i dont think you can put them in the same category.

It will still have a pretty highly spec aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

kbannon wrote:
    E92 M3 = ~412bhp
    Audi S4 = 344bhp

Otherwise in the larger exec category...
    M5 507bhp
    Im sure Merc have several AMG variants
    Still doesn't answer my question. They're not it's competitors. M5 is €156,000. How can you even consider that as a competitor?
    The S3 has 44 more bhp, and costs 20 grand more. The current M3 is over 90 grand, and the E92 will probably be over the 100k mark. AMG's have 6 figure price tags also.
    The closest A4 you'll get to that in terms of an approximate €60k price are either the 255bhp 3.2 TFSI or the 230bhp 3 litre TDi. Neither are as powerful, and the A4 is a less practical car in terms of space.
    You're real alternatives for the price are the Impreza WRX-STi, 280bhp at €62k, or the only Evo officially for sale in this country at €54k is the 260bhp version of the Evo 9.

Advertisement