Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon > An Post Missed Christmas...

Options
  • 02-01-2007 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭

Any ideas what I can do ? Amazon says parcel despatched 13th December An Post say "Nope, No parcel"....

Do I just wait & hope ???

Thnx

FBP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

The enquiry has to come from the sender so you need to get on to Amazon and get them to contact the post office to search for the package. Usually though, when you contact Amazon they simply resend the order or refund you the money.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Hold on for a while. I had two amazon packages arrive this monring sent from Germany on the 6th and 14th December. Usually .co.uk ones come quite quickly but with the Christmas rush who knows. Amazon are reliable to be honest and since they starting shipping their .co.uk parcels with An Post they much faster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 jimmy2shoes

an post just delivered all my christmas cards this morning an mail going back from 10th december. useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

Thanks for the replies.

I suspect its late An Post, Sent an email to amazon in frustration yesterday anyhoo...

FBP

• Registered Users Posts: 14,391 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

rumours are that sorting offices in london were overloaded sacks of mail dissappeared etc - so not neccessarily an posts fault (but probably is)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'm awaiting an Amazon parcel from .com for nearly a month but the period of delivery went right up until yesterday - are you sure your delivery's time frame has expired?

Are you going through .co.uk or .com? The .com route also has the potential problem of being intercepted by Revenue to pay VAT on it.

Finally, it's 'An Post'. A couple of times I've fired off mails to online stores about undelivered products, they've dispatched a second parcel, and then I've had both turn up...

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

Went thru .co.uk, just got a call from them, very apologetic for the loss of my Christmas presents and have refunded my money to my credit card. Excellent customer service, I mentioned I was happy to wait a while longer but the chap was insistent on giving me a refund as the intended purchase was for Christmas and "maybe I no longer wanted the items purchased", he said to keep the items if they do eventually turn up but in the meantime he was crediting my card account with a full refund.

FBP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭daymobrew

fatboypee wrote:
    he said to keep the items if they do eventually turn up but in the meantime he was crediting my card account with a full refund.
    Wow! CD Wow ask you to post the item back to them. I've had a few items take 3-4 days and others take 4+ weeks!! Very frustrating.
    I'm really curious where the delays are.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

fatboypee wrote:
    Went thru .co.uk, just got a call from them, very apologetic for the loss of my Christmas presents and have refunded my money to my credit card. Excellent customer service, I mentioned I was happy to wait a while longer but the chap was insistent on giving me a refund as the intended purchase was for Christmas and "maybe I no longer wanted the items purchased", he said to keep the items if they do eventually turn up but in the meantime he was crediting my card account with a full refund.

FBP.

yeah i do nearly all of my online shopping through amazon.co.uk simply because they're reliable, and if there's ever an issue they deal with it ASAP (granted my only issue was with a marketplace seller).

also, from experience, i'd be willing to bet the problem is An Post. they're abysmal at the best of times...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

yeah they asked me to post back an item, seems it got 'lost' in the post on the way back:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement