Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is the best cameraphone on the market?

• 02-01-2007 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

In terms of picture resolution, I mean. Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

K800i has 3.2MP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

K800i. Good lens, good quality, good flash.

In reality though, it won't replace a proper camera but the K800i is the best on the market. For now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

Ya i was going to mention the K800i too, 3.2mp will become the norm very fast
    camera quality on phones is increasing at a very fast rate, i got my v3x with 2mp for x mass 2005 and it was the only phone around with 2mp now their everywere

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

1huge1 wrote:
    Ya i was going to mention the K800i too, 3.2mp will become the norm very fast
    camera quality on phones is increasing at a very fast rate, i got my v3x with 2mp for x mass 2005 and it was the only phone around with 2mp now their everywere

k800i is up there at the moment, sony tend to be ahead of the game.

just a note that I got my k750i in august 05 and it has 2 megapixels so the V3x wasn't the only one around then...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

Well theres a lg phone with a 5 megapixel camera.I think you can get it on Pixmania

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

As far as available here, the K800i. The N73 also has a 3.2 megapixel camera, but I don't think it has a flash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

As far as available here, the K800i. The N73 also has a 3.2 megapixel camera, but I don't think it has a flash.

it does:
    3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixels, Carl Zeiss optics, autofocus, video(CIF), flash; secondary VGA video call camera

and the k800 doesn't afaik (someone might correct me on this). you have to turn on the light, take the picture and turn it back off. not a flash imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

the k800i has a flash. No need to turn on and turn off anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Camera on the K800 is good...... but they've a long way to go yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

it does:
    3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixels, Carl Zeiss optics, autofocus, video(CIF), flash; secondary VGA video call camera

and the k800 doesn't afaik (someone might correct me on this). you have to turn on the light, take the picture and turn it back off. not a flash imo

Nope, it's a proper Xenon flash. In fact, it annoyed me slightly that I couldn't turn it on as I used to use the 'flash' on the W800i and W810i as a torch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

proper flash on the k800i,great phone too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

chrislad wrote:
    Nope, it's a proper Xenon flash. In fact, it annoyed me slightly that I couldn't turn it on as I used to use the 'flash' on the W800i and W810i as a torch.
    fair enough. i'd heard it was the same as the "flash" on the k750

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Definetly the K800i as mentioned 15times above my self, But I must add, I am disapointed with some of the shots, Its still a fair bit away from a decent picture everytime, Especially indoor shots. But I can't complain .. its still freekin' cool for a phone, and the flash is something else. Impressive.

My N70 camera is pretty sweet too, It lacks the flash but is still a very impressive camera.

Hj

Has to be the Nokia N93. 3.2 MP with a Carl Zeiss Lens with a 3X optical zoom and flash. The video quality is awesome, 640*480 at 30 frames per second! Also has a TV out so you can plug it directly into your TV to play back the vids.
    It's about €800 so not cheap but I think its worth it as the Symbian s60 3rd edition operating system is the dogs. Has a great processor and graphics chip on it as well which means it blazing fast(compared to other phones anyway).
    You may want to wait for the N93i though as its a bit smaller and lighter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Wow that N93 is impressive.

Video on the K800i to my suprise, Is quite poor. Records in .3gp which is always poor, Sound is poor... Low bit rate. Comparing it to my N70, the N70 video is far superior and sound is great with a high bitrate and very smooth and alot less pixelated.

Hj

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

The Nokia N95 coming out in a month or so(afaik) will have a 5 megapixel camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

xanthor wrote:
    Camera on the K800 is good...... but they've a long way to go yet.

Or may be you need to lower your expectations :D

K800i i think is a great phone it has a decent balance of features and the battery power

Whatever phone u go for make sure the battery power is good enough
    it dosent matter how many features it has unless it has a battery power to go with it

i have k800i and its great combination

Just came across this today, here's a side by side comparison of the cameras on the Nokia's and the K800i.

The summary at the end was:

k800i
    Indoor shooter
    Fantastic for candid shooting, fast response, fast accurate autofocus, good outdoor and indoor performance, macro is fun to use and autofocuses, Not for serious outdoor shooting as lense lets it down terribly. Video is usable only for PXT
    N73
    Outdoor shooter
    OK candid shooter for those who want Digital looking prints with crazy colours, and watercolour effects, accurate autofocus, better outdoor performance than indoor. Will make brilliant memorable landscape shots, macro works well too. video for fun events to show friends
    N93
    Average Jo all round shooter
    Only for artistic shots, where you have time to take you time to get some sort of autofocus and go home after to post process. Results from post processing is astonishing, and will rival larger presume digicams. Macro is excellent even though fixed to 10cm, optical zoom is convenient to have. Form factor is nice too with rotating viewfinder display. Surprisingly good video, stereo recording, and excellent frame rates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

k800i is the best its the phone of the year 2006 !

nokia cant match it yet

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

From my experience in phone retail the cybershot lense outstrips the Car Zeiss optics, Im afraid to say.

2mp cameras have been available since the mid 2005, and it was sony who had them first. In fact motorola were late in the game!

Advertisement