Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leak on Mains?

Options
  • 02-01-2007 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I think there is a leak of some sort on my incoming mains. had a guy come out to see if it was on my side or the councils, and as soon as I opened the door for him I knew he wasn't gonna be thorough LOL... he was kicking my doorstep and talking into his chest. He had actually come to the house earlier but I hadnt been quick enough to get the door, and I saw him legging it off back to his car to a hasty retreat!
    Anyway, its the second time in a couple of years that I've been through this, each time the local council sends another slob who tells me 'ah sure, you have no leak' when they don't even physically explore, and when there certainly seems to be one. Mud in the attic tank, crud in the kitchen appliances, terrible feel to the water when showering. I guess I'm supposed to believe them when they say 'ah sure there was work done at some point or other.' Well its been like this for a hell of a long time. I don't want to have to pay a plumber to locate the leak, as that part should be the council's job, but they dont even check it, just feed me more rubbish and look at me as if I've deprived them of their valuable time.

Advertisement