Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dial up packages?

Options
  • 02-01-2007 2:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭

I know this is broadband section, but I looking for info about heavy usage dial up packages available? Any info/links ect appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

i used to have utv dialup 20 hrs per month for 9.99 anytime they did have heavier packages though if u need more. ull find more at u.tv/internet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I'm using Esat BT No Limits currently, 12Euros /month [Bill's 24Euros eveyr 2 months]. Unlimited online time during off-peak, weekends and holidays.

Not great if you're online during daytime though - better using one of numberous flat rates of 20/50/80/180 hours packages about.

But if you're online during evenings/weekends mostly, great package ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

thx for the replies.
    Is their any web sites that show and compare the various dialiup price ects available. Everything is broadband orientated despite the huge no of dialup users. Example, it took me 20 mins to finally find the dial up options on the eircom website.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

i've looked there and cant see anywhere that does, only broadband as you say..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Basically, there aren't that many dial-up so-called flat rates any more - UTV XL is the best with 180 hours / month for 24.99 (I used to be on that for ages before I finallly got wireless BB last month :):):) ). When I first got UTV's falt rate you had to do the CPS so that all your phone calls get routed /billed through UTV as well, don't know if that is still the case. BT does a business package with I think 220 hours but thats available to businesses only (don't ask me why)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

but beerwolf said hes on bt for 12 a month and its unlimited............apperently my dad is going to get this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

Unilimited off-peak fine if you will only use the Net at night time and on weekends ... during the day you'll have to pay normal phone rates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

180 hours per mth with BT off or on peak for €24.99 depending on your usage

not sure of any others as not used dial up in years and would never want to again :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

180 is the Max number of hours any operator is offering I think. We are with Perlico which is 30 I think for 180 hours.

Advertisement