Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing Coving from centre of ceiling

Options
  • 02-01-2007 3:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

My ceiling in all the downstairs rooms has the rough effect finish on it and in the middle, where the light hangs down is a 0.5m diameter circular coving. I want to remove tghe current light and put some spot lights on here but they look silly attached to the coving.

My question is, is it easy to remove this?? I presume it's just a case of a hammer and chisel to get it off?? It's made of plaster so I can imagine it breaking to pieces. Is there an easier way of getting it off??

Also, How do I go about getting the rough effect on the ceiling where the coving used to be as the spotlights are much much smaller in area than the coving!!

I want to do this in all the rooms as I don't like the circular coving where the lights are.

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

IMO it's going to be pretty tough to get the stippled effect to match when you patch in where the ceiling rose used to be.
    If you still intend to do it, you'll need ardtex plaster and a stippling brush and some patients to get it to match. You'll also need to re-paint the whole ceiling when you're done...
    Geting the rose itself off shouldn't be too much bother...

Advertisement