Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

vaio a417s keyboard liquid spill

• 02-01-2007 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

i spilled liquid on my keyboard now the "j" and "k" keys don't work at all and the "m" key works if pushed hard any idea's on a quick fix.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭daywalker

There may be liquid interfering with the contacts for the keyboard, you could try leaving the laptop open in a hot press for a day or so to see if any liquid still in the laptop will dry out. How long ago was the spill? and how big?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Its a definite repair Vinneyboy...will cost you somewhere in the region of about €220..

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Vinneyboy

daywalker wrote:
    There may be liquid interfering with the contacts for the keyboard, you could try leaving the laptop open in a hot press for a day or so to see if any liquid still in the laptop will dry out. How long ago was the spill? and how big?

it happen four days ago only a small spill but the next day the keys were working, but i hadn't used the laptop until yesterday and noticed the keys were not working now.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Vinneyboy

does anyone know where i can get a keyboard for my vaio a417s i've tryed my local computer shop but they say they can't get a hold of one, or is my only option to send back to sony for repair?

Advertisement