Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet Broadband

Options
  • 02-01-2007 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi Everyone

I have just signed up for Magnet Broadband Lite package 4mb a month. Just as I think it's relevant im a currently a Eircom customer and want to keep my current telephone number. Ok after I gave Magnet all my details for to switch to Magnet from Eircom for this Lite package I asked how long would it be before I was connected there answer was "3 to 4 weeks". I just taught this seems to be a very long period or is this the norm as this is the first time ive signed up for broadband. Is there anything I can do to be switched on quicker?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Fanfan wrote:
    Hi Everyone

I have just signed up for Magnet Broadband Lite package 4mb a month. Just as I think it's relevant im a currently a Eircom customer and want to keep my current telephone number. Ok after I gave Magnet all my details for to switch to Magnet from Eircom for this Lite package I asked how long would it be before I was connected there answer was "3 to 4 weeks". I just taught this seems to be a very long period or is this the norm as this is the first time ive signed up for broadband. Is there anything I can do to be switched on quicker?
    Hi Fanfan!

I connected to Magnet and I'm now up and running 5 working days later. Thing is, I didn't want to port my number (I don't use my land line). I know porting the number takes a while... But I couldn't comment on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

i was connected in under 2 weeks, and i was told that bringing yoru eircom number along with you results in an extra 4 days generally, however it can of course take longer, this is eircom we are talking about.

Advertisement