Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

051 Area

Options
  • 02-01-2007 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭

Are the problems resolved? Two friends are still down behind the church in Tramore, there was rumours that most people where back up and running now.

I was thinking it being the new year and all they would have sent someone out by now to fix it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Eh?

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 cliffix

Hi,

BT customers throughout the 05X area are affected (according to BT). My mother's new DSL line (056 Castlecomer) has been unusable for more than a week. BT are still "attempting to fix the problem".

I walked through a reconfiguration of her modem over the phone this morning and the diagnostic tests produced the following results:
    Test ADSL Sync ... PASS
    Test ADSL (ATM OAM) loopback test ... FAIL
    Test PPP/server connections ... FAIL
    Ping default gateway ... FAIL

So modem and line to exchange are fine, but thereafter ... .

BT are apparently willing to refund for this downtime, but the more pertinent question of when service will restored is unknown at this time.

Regards,

Cliff

[edit]
    Service has now been restored (4 Jan).
    [/edit]

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

mike65 wrote:
    Eh?

Mike.

I'd imagine he was reffering to this thread > http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055032464

Advertisement