Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bar License in Ireland

Options
  • 02-01-2007 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Can anyone tell me where to look about getting information about getting a liquor license in Ireland please? looking at a project which has a hotel license but need to find out if niteclub is covered by this or requires a separate license?

Thanks in advance
    Gibo

P.S. Mods -- please move if this is in wrong cat, thanks.

Comments

You need to apply to the local district court.
    Ring your local Garda station and ask for the district office. They will give ya more info. No harm in talking to them because they can object to your license

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I know a rural licence that could be up for sale in the near future pm me if interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ISI

Local District Court grants the licence so it's probably best to contact District Court Office. Maybe you could try http://www.vfi.ie also - they're the representative organisation for publicans outside of Dublin.

The cost of buying an old licence i think is 175000 plus.

I read last month that a Dublin businessman was successful in gaining a "cafe bar" licence for a venue somewhere in or around Dublin - this would be a far far cheaper option if you could manage it.

Where are you hoping to open your new pub?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭wba88

ISI wrote:
    The cost of buying an old licence i think is 175000 plus.
    WOW :eek: i knew it was a lot but didnt know it was that much

Advertisement