Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LiteOn psus?

Options
  • 02-01-2007 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Can't find much on LiteOn psus online, except the odd 'they're alright', and one comment that it's a 'stout' psu.

I have a HP D230 here and it has said psu with a rating of 200w. Currently it has a 2.4Ghz P4, Basic CD-Rom, Soundblaster, Geforce 2, 768mb Ram in 1x256 and 1x512mb, and 80Gb Hard Drive.

I plan adding a Radeon 9500 in the next few days. Do you think the psu will handle it all ok? I was going to pick up a cheap 300w jeantech psu in pc world today but then I realised that like dell hp don't use standard parts, at least not in their older machines.

opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The 9500 was the lowest end R3xx GPU you could get & had lower power usage than the 9600 line so yeah should be okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

stay away from jeantech psu's Ive bought 3 before, and all 3 blew.

Advertisement