Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o'sheas doorman

• 02-01-2007 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

can anyone gimme any info bout vinnie d doorman on o'sheas balbriggan, i tink hes hot but am too shy to approch.PLEASE PM ME

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

yea, here let me just stick up his phone number and address....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,000 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

con anyone gimme any info bout vinnie d doorman on o'sheas balbriggan, i tink hes hot but am too shy to approch.
    Perhaps you should add a "Please PM me" to your post. ;) I don't think "Vinnie" would be impressed to see his details on a public forum.

(You could always pretend to throw a wobbly inside and hope that he ejects you. Wouldn't that be romantic? :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

maybe if you worked on your linguistics he, and we, would be able to understand you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,000 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Marts wrote:
    maybe if you worked on your linguistics he, and we, would be able to understand you
    LOL :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 LAVENDERGIRL

Perhaps you should add a "Please PM me" to your post. ;) I don't think "Vinnie" would be impressed to see his details on a public forum.

(You could always pretend to throw a wobbly inside and hope that he ejects you. Wouldn't that be romantic? :D)

i dont tink so i'm not that sort of bird

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,785 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

i dont tink so i'm not that sort of bird

With that level of grammar & spelling I'd assume that the OP is probably only 13 or 14 & shouldn't be in O'Shea's as she is obviously underage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Hill Billy wrote:
    With that level of grammar & spelling I'd assume that the OP is probably only 13 or 14 & shouldn't be in O'Shea's as she is obviously underage.

Not been there recently I presume then!

Bluetonic wrote:
    Not been there recently I presume then!

The last time I was there it was probably still called the Cardy Marina. :)

Hill Billy wrote:
    The last time I was there it was probably still called the Cardy Marina. :)

Ah those were the days alright, the big sailing wheel just as you come in the door and the dozens of fish tanks!

The thick shag-pile carpet sticky with spilt Guinness & Malibu from the night before, & the dessert trolley that they used to have after Sunday lunch!

And Sally O'Brien & they way she might look at you.
    You could fry an egg on the rocks by the harbour.
    (If you had an egg...)

OP - If you are old enough to have a proper boyfriend, why not go down to O'Shea's, get talking to "Vinnie" & ask him out & cut out the shy-little-girlie routine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭sirpsycho

them fish tanks were great!

Now that I think about it - they had similar fish tanks & nautical ornamentation in The Windmill in Skerries back then.
    Now Pratt owns both places. I wonder if he has some sort of fishy/lobster/marine-related fetish?

Hill Billy wrote:
    The thick shag-pile carpet sticky with spilt Guinness & Malibu from the night before, & the dessert trolley that they used to have after Sunday lunch!

The dessert trolley, my god that brings a few memories back alright.

'Now dear, what would you like off the dessert trolley'

Bluetonic wrote:
    'Now dear, what would you like off the dessert trolley'
    "A chunk of Vinnie slathered in melted chocolate & whipped cream please! No, I don't need a spoon thanks - I'll use me hands."

Hill Billy wrote:
    "A chunk of Vinnie slathered in melted chocolate & whipped cream please! No, I don't need a spoon thanks - I'll use me hands."

I'm intrigued about this 'Vinnie' character myself now. Maybe I'll get loaded at the weekend and pop on down there, he's turning into a right auld celebrity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭dubmick

Bluetonic wrote:
    Maybe I'll get loaded at the weekend and pop on down there

Do you not do that every weekend anyway? ;)

So where do you guys normally drink & are there any other doormen there that you could recommend to the OP?

Just in case Vinnie is unavailable or doesn't want to get banged up for kiddie-diddling. :)

How about Frankie on the door of the Miler!

To the OP have been in touch with Vinnie and he says he'll be working on Saturday night and your to be waiting for him down the back strand at roughly 3am, blindfold yourself and have yourself sprawled across the rocks, he'll see you there. Also please don't try and engage in any conversation with him when he arrives

Many thanks.

ROFLMFAO! :D
    Blue - You are one sick individual!
    * HB berates himself for not thinking of that earlier *

OP - Don't be surprised if Vinnie all of a sudden is sporting a beard & wearing dark glasses & speaking in a put-on doorman's voice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

What if Vinny is of the other ilk, ie he doesnt like the ladies ;)

• Advertisement

He can flip her over.

Well, did anyone see Vinnie (or be Vinnie - eh, Blue? ;) ) over the weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

;)
    Sizzler wrote:
    What if Vinny is of the other ilk, ie he doesnt like the ladies ;)
    like the rest of the bouncers on O'Sheas door:eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

funniest thread on Balbriggan doormen EVER!

Remeber many a summers day spent siwmming in the Cardy Marina pool, which is incidentally now the dancefloor in The Home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭the demon

now thats some funny s**t, i bet that girl is sorry she didnt just jump on poor auld vinnie the minit she met him, it probably wouldnt have been as embarrasing, you all gave her a hard time, LOL , tough lot us northsiders:rolleyes:

the demon wrote:
    tough lot us northsiders:rolleyes:
    Only speaking for myself here but as someone who has lived in Balbriggan all my life, so far spanning over 4 decades, I would not classify myself as a northsider, nor would anybody else of my ilk and generation, nor generations older than me.

Whilst Balbriggan is geographically on the north side of the river Liffey it most certainly is not considered to be a part of the city 'northside'. It is an area of north county Dublin.

This is certainly a new thing that has popped up recently with in influx of city dwellers into our seaside market town, and something which hopefully can be stamped out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

Bluetonic wrote:
    Whilst Balbriggan is geographically on the north side of the river Liffey it most certainly is not considered to be a part of the city 'northside'.
    This is certainly a new thing that has popped up recently with in influx of city dwellers into our seaside market town, and something which hopefully can be stamped out.

The phrase 'northside' or the influx of city dwellers ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Bluetonic wrote:
    Only speaking for myself here but as someone who has lived in Balbriggan all my life, so far spanning over 4 decades, I would not classify myself as a northsider, nor would anybody else of my ilk and generation, nor generations older than me.

What would you consider yourselves then?country folk?

I visited O'Sheas for the 1st time on Friday it wasn't that bad,alot of the people there seemed really young,the band were ok and the staff friendly.

Moonbeam wrote:
    What would you consider yourselves then?country folk?
    Folks - I've started a new thread on this "who are you" malarky. Let's not muddy LAVENDERGIRLS quest for love & the mickey-taking that we can make of it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement