Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wwe firing

• 02-01-2007 6:46pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭

WWE has fired Ring of Honor star Claudio Castagnoli last week, even before he reported to Deep South Wrestling. Castagnoli dropped the ROH Tag Team title recently with the idea he would be reporting to Georgia soon to honor his WWE developmental deal. According to Dave Meltzer, WWE has told Castagnoli to attempt to honor his previous bookings. Castagnoli did cancel a Japanese tour to star with Deep South. Apparently more WWE firings are coming.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

Hopefully, not guys with talent like Burchill or Beth Pheonix or any of the rest of them. WWE have a habbit of dropping wrestlers, not writers when the writers having nothing for decent wrestlers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I read last week that Meltzer was reporting that the deal was just called off because of some sort of legal issue. It was being delayed for a good while before that anyway, so I doubt he was actually "fired". Bit of a pity that he's dropped his ROH tag title and cancelled some bookings all for nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

How pissed off do ya think I am!!
    WWE's loss is ROH's re-gain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Posted by Claudio on his MySpace:
    Ladies and Gentlemen this is an official statement issued by one Castagnoli Claudio.

There have been rumors about my status as a US resident, my visa, work visa and so forth.

Those rumors are FALSE.

These rumors hurt me, my integrity and my status in this country and business.

I’m a man of honor, pride and integrity.

I do have a green card or permanent resident card if you will and also do have a social security number. In case you don’t know, you need both of these in order to be and work in this country legally.

So before so called “News Sites” and “Newsletters” release heavy statements or rumors like that, they should really do their job. It’s called research.

Let me close by saying there was and is nothing wrong with my visa or residential status.

Sincerely,

Castagnoli, Claudio

I was wondering at the time how a legal issue could stop him from working for WWE but not all these other promotions

Advertisement