Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Eircom Download Allowance Monitor?

Options
  • 02-01-2007 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭

Anyone spot this Capture-1a.jpg on the Eircom download allowance monitoring page? (See screenshot)

Are we about to see a carry over of negative amounts if you exceed your allowance for a month??

'Blocks Purchased'??? Holy Crap! :eek:

(I know I know... see T & Cs... but... Holy Crap!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

What the hell!

The only thing stopping me from telling Eircom to shove it is the fact that they don't enforce download limits....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I just checked my usage before visiting the forum. I don't know what they have planned. They're probably so greedy they could start charging by MB for every package!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

ethernet wrote:
    They're probably so greedy they could start charging by MB for every package!

while it may suck, if a package has a cap and the T&C's state they can charge per MB or GB then their well within their rights to do so.

If your not happy with such charges then vote with your feet and move to a more suitable DSL supplier.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,883 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I remember the eircom usage stats system had that a year ago for about a day and then it was gone again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

When I log in with my details it shows that page ,the d/l part shows '0' , then I check my downloads for December and from there hit the January button and it shows a page the same as the old one for Jan .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

It says I have a download allowance of 4 gig...Old!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

is in your contract that you have a download limit so eircom have every right to start and enforce it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

how do i check this

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Drakus

Cabaal wrote:
    while it may suck, if a package has a cap and the T&C's state they can charge per MB or GB then their well within their rights to do so.

If your not happy with such charges then vote with your feet and move to a more suitable DSL supplier.

A more suitable DSL supplier - that's a joke. Where are all these more suitable suppliers at. An awful lot of ppl in Ireland can't even get BB and of those that can only the very lucky have any choice. My so called BB connection is a whopping 544kbps and the only choice I have other than Eircom is guess who, Esat who use Eircoms infastructure so moving to them would change nothing. Of all the ppl I know who have BB most are in a situation similar to mine rather than being in the situation of being able to pick and choose. Now don't get me wrong this is not aimed at you but the lack of any real committment in this country to supply us with an up to date BB service. The fact is the lack of investment in the comms infastructure and the way the market has been structured in the past has severely curtailed any real development esp in competition which would lead to choice. BTW I do not live down a boreen in the middle of nowhere but I live 6 miles from the capital city.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭JNive

looks like they might be doing 3 things then.

1) allowing carryover of unused allowance ( good idea actually )
    2) allowing you to purchase extra transfer on a pay as you go basis ( anotehr good idea, so you can stay on a lower speed but avail of extra transfer now and again if you need )
    3) automatically charging those for exceeding or capping/restricting them ( not exactly unfair really is it )

Now those that wont like this are obviosuly those people that treated it as an uncapped service and in actuallity require an uncapped service. As a result, for heavy users, the eircom product will likely become a lot less attractive.

For medium users, it will be pretty good overall, and fairly flexible, this should be interesting though assuming that its not an error or incorrect version of the monitor lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

Drakus wrote:
    A more suitable DSL supplier - that's a joke. Where are all these more suitable suppliers at. An awful lot of ppl in Ireland can't even get BB and of those that can only the very lucky have any choice. My so called BB connection is a whopping 544kbps and the only choice I have other than Eircom is guess who, Esat who use Eircoms infastructure so moving to them would change nothing. Of all the ppl I know who have BB most are in a situation similar to mine rather than being in the situation of being able to pick and choose. Now don't get me wrong this is not aimed at you but the lack of any real committment in this country to supply us with an up to date BB service. The fact is the lack of investment in the comms infastructure and the way the market has been structured in the past has severely curtailed any real development esp in competition which would lead to choice. BTW I do not live down a boreen in the middle of nowhere but I live 6 miles from the capital city.

maybe your speed is slow as people are using a serious amount of bandwidth in your area

just a thought, could be wrong though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Hurrah for unlimited bandwidth on UTV:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

mp3guy wrote:

also Hurrah for higher caps on resold eircom products with the likes of BT :) (not with BT myself)

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Well, its back to normal again now - must've been a test! But you can see where this is heading!!

But hopefully we won't see it until we're on 64MB/s with a 2TB limit for 9.99 a month :D

Well we can dream can't we? :)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

mp3guy wrote:

Have Eircom ever actually charged anyone for going over the cap?

dub45 wrote:
    Have Eircom ever actually charged anyone for going over the cap?

i don't believe they have to date,

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Cabaal wrote:
    i don't believe they have to date,

That was my point:)

Advertisement