Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

info p.l.s.

Options
  • 02-01-2007 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭

hi people, i need your advise, i have almost decided to get a suziki ingus, 02 ,130k, any one have any experience of them, garage says full service, plus a full 2 year nct, the main reason i like is that as i have a cronic back problem and it is easily to get in and out of, also seems comfortable,thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

old boy wrote:
    hi people, i need your advise, i have almost decided to get a suziki ingus, 02 ,130k, any one have any experience of them, garage says full service, plus a full 2 year nct, the main reason i like is that as i have a cronic back problem and it is easily to get in and out of, also seems comfortable,thanks in advance
    It'd want to be pretty cheap with that sort of mileage. I'd examine the service history carefully to make sure it's been properly maintained. If it has, then it should go for a good while yet. Be sure to find out when it's had its last cambelt and when it's due its next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

a grand plus a 00 1ltr corsa

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Examine the service history in detail. A small car with high mileage like that should have been serviced quite regularly over the years. This will give you an indication of the way the car was looked after.

Are you getting some sort of warranty with it? I would be pushing for at least 3 months so that there may be no nasty surprises around the corner.

That doesn't sound too bad. What's the Corsa like? What's the cash price of the Ignis? Most importantly, what's the service history like?

the corsa is rough, the cash price is 3,500. suziki drives nice , been there 6 months, maby more

• Advertisement

old boy wrote:
    the corsa is rough, the cash price is 3,500. suziki drives nice , been there 6 months, maby more
    What's the service history like?

will not know until later in the week, seen a diathsu terios 99 100,000 on the clock for the same dosh, might go that way as its auto.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,863 ✭✭✭omega man

My wife picked up a 02 one with 24K on it about 6 months ago. Not a bad little motor. Nice high driving position and with the 1.35L engine its got a little poke about it too. Boot is rubbish though and im over 6FT so driver leg room is poor also suspension is a bit on the harsh side. She loves it though and i am happy enough to drive it when necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

The supension on the Daihatsu (as it is a semi-capable off-roader) might be a bit harsh for your bad back ...make sure you test-drive it over a bad road first, before buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I wouldn't reccomend one. They are heavy enough on fuel, the interior is a step back from your Corsa, and it's not particularly nice to drive.

Same on all the above for the Terios, with the added bonus that people will laugh at you.

Try a Yaris.

• Advertisement

thanks folks, havent my mind made up yet, i will look at a few more this week

Advertisement