Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Quick Q about motor tax office

Options
  • 02-01-2007 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

I heard it's moved and is no longer behind the four courts - anyone know where it is now?

And also, I have a form here declaring my car off the road for a few months so have to physically go into the tax office to pay my tax, will I get the tax disc there and then after paying it?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Lorax wrote:
    I heard it's moved and is no longer behind the four courts - anyone know where it is now?
    It's still there:

Motor Tax Office

River House
    Chancery Street
    Dublin 7
    Co. Dublin

Tel: 222 8000
    Fax: 872 1004

Opening Hours: Mon - Fri 9.30 - 3.30

Lorax wrote:
    will I get the tax disc there and then after paying it?
    No!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

It's still there:

Not according to the link feylya gave it isn't :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Lorax wrote:
    And also, I have a form here declaring my car off the road for a few months so have to physically go into the tax office to pay my tax, will I get the tax disc there and then after paying it?

Thanks!
    You could just post in the form and payment and they'll post you out the disc. Whenever i've actually gone in to pay my tax i've gone to Nutgrove and i've always been issued my disc on the spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Alun wrote:
    Not according to the link feylya gave it isn't :)
    Oops, Sorry - the Citizens Information (formerly Oasis) site must need updating. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭wba88

Lorax wrote:

Thanks!
    Where did ya get it? i need to get one of those 2moro. What is the form called?

Local police station will have it. It's the RF100A Motor Tax Renewal Form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

Unless you need to get it stamped at a police station too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

If you print out the above form saying your tax is out and get it stamped, can you just post it to the tax office? If so how can you pay? Or do you have to go into the tax office (really dont want to, always have to wait ages)

I hate car tax, paying it and sorting it out.

• Advertisement

Credit card or Laser details are entered on the renewal form. You can post it to the Tax Office (it's Freepost), they'll process it in about 7 days and post you the disc.

Advertisement