Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

heading to dublin-need advice

• 02-01-2007 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

Im heading up to dublin to visit family on Sunday and Im thinking about checking out the shops. Is there any point in checking out topshop or miss selfridge or will there be crappy clothes in after the sales?Any other good clothes shops for a 15 yr old girl?
    Also, could anyone tell me what shops are on grafton st. apart from BT's? I am a complete novice when it comes to shopping in Dublin and I need advice!thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Other shops on Grafton Street include River Island, a-wear, Warehouse, Monsoon, Dunnes, Miss Selfridge, Wallis, Marks and Spencer, Next and Vero Moda. Top Shop is on Stephen's Green, but it's only about ten seconds from Grafton Street; just turn left at the end of the street when you're facing the Green and it's about the 6th shop up.

There's also an Oasis on Nassau Street; it's just off the other end of Grafton Street. Turn right at the end, and it's about the 5th shop up, past Subway and the Porterhouse.

Out of all of those, River Island, Top Shop and a-wear are probably your best bet. They're all big stores (especially Top Shop, it's ginormous!) and they do pretty good sales. Not sure how much good stuff is left since I haven't been in for a couple of days, but you'll probably still be able to get some good stuff. A-wear is especially good for cutting prices in their sales - I got a gorgeous top there a couple of days ago for a fiver, which was €22 before the sale.

Try the Stephen's Green Shopping Centre as well; there's a couple of shops on the ground floor when you talk in that are cheap and cheerful so you might pick up a couple of basic things there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

TK Maxx in St Stephen's Green SC is also worth a look, though only if you have a bit of time on your hands, you have to trawl through some terrible stuff before you'll unearth anything worth buying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭uniquechic

Thanks for your help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Happy shopping :)

Oh and check out Henry Street too, if you get a chance. It's about ten minutes walk from Grafton Street, and has a lot of the same shops (a-wear, Oasis, Next etc), plus there's Arnotts (which has River Island, Mango and loads of random stuff) and the Jervis Street centre (which has Top Shop and Debenhams). Oh and it has a giant Penneys too, which is always good if you're on a budget.

Advertisement