Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES6 defending corners

Options
  • 02-01-2007 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Can anyone offer me a bit of advice, since I got PES6 I have been conceding a bucket load of goals from corners and I don't seem to be able to do anything to stop it. My defenders aren't the best in the World but they just don't seem to be able to get their heads onto the corners. Is everyone finding this, or is it just me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Switch formation settings to more defensive, position tall players to full backs, that way you'll be better placed to control players who can head the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Myksyk

Put attack/defence setting to manual. As ball goes out or before screen fades to black change setting to blue (most defensive - LT/L2 then RT/R2 the required times).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

use either super cancel (R1 + R2) or just R2 (can't remember) to shift your selected defender out of position to get to the ball before the attack.
    I find this work most of the time.
    Also work for goal kicks. Timing is key for going for the head though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

If its heading balls out of the box then you simply hold the shoot button (which is defensive header in this situation) and release just before the ball comes into the melee of players in the box. Your defender will leap like a gazelle and head the ball out....

Hold square......

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭m_s_nixon

Thanks, I've been trying out all that advice and I haven't conceded a goal from a corner yet, so fingers crossed I've solved that problem. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭dodgey69

i generally just take control of a player and position him in front of their first man(around edge of 6 yard box) about 2 yards out. then just attack the ball with him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Inspector

if the corner is coming close to the goals just hold triangle and the keeper will come out and collect the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

Erm, if none of that works, then you can of course just push the player :)

From the moment the ball is kicked from the corner, you have a fair idea what striker its going to, move to that striker and just run against him so that when the ball comes over, he'll be further from it, therefore not getting as clean a contact with the ball.*

*May or may not be considered cheating :)

Advertisement