Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballad Session In Dublin

Options
  • 02-01-2007 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Would anyone be interested in meeting up for a ballad session? I'm from Dublin and would like to either start up a group meeting up or join in with people playing trad and ballad music. I can sing and play the guitar and bass. I'm currently in a rock band but since i've been a teenager i've been down to many sessions in the country, my favoutite being the Kerry pub scene and allways have wanted to play a bit of trad aswell. Luke Kelly and the Dubliners would be my favourite and i'd be up for trying any tune.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 themadwhistler

I'm interested in getting a trad folk band together. I can play guitar, banjo, whistle.Based in Dublin. I've played some trad folk music in Galway a few years ago. I'd be interested in meeting up with a singer and some other musicians for a jam

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Ballad Willie

Hi,
    Are you still looking to play with Dublin ballad group ??

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Hi,
    Are you still looking to play with Dublin ballad group ??

Well this post was from nearly 10 years ago, I'm sure they managed to play a few tunes since then! :)

Advertisement