Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

32 bit win on amd 64

• 02-01-2007 10:05pm

:confused: Howdy...aargh, im on the verge of finally giving up on 64 bit ba$tarding computing..im using it mainly for music, and apart from the non existence of any drivers, which ive almost come to accept, ive just got a demo of logic 5.5 which wont work either..so im almost at my wits end..could anyone tell me if there will be any noticable performance improvement were i to run 32 bit windows on the 64 bit system?..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

?????

There is no noticeable improvement from using the 64bit XP OS rather then the 32bit one, apart from the nightmare of blue screens and complete lack of driver support. Unless you have and want to use more then 3.3gigs of ram why in hell do you have it installed?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i happily have 32 bit windows and 64 bit linux coexisting on the same AMD64 machine.

funny i was thinking about trying 64 bit windows on it, because believe it or not there is actually an app i use for college that could do with 64 bit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Hopefully Windows Vista will bring 64-bit support to the mainstream, leading to proper driver support and application compatibility... eventually.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,394 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Stephen wrote:
    Hopefully Windows Vista will bring 64-bit support to the mainstream, leading to proper driver support and application compatibility... eventually.
    LOL
    just like every other version of windows has in the past :D

Advertisement