Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transferring Texts while Keeping the Original Sender

• 02-01-2007 10:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭

My friend recently lost someone who was very close to her. It was very unexpected and even though its been a few months, she's still in bits. Anyway, she needs to get a new mobile, her current one in a Nokia 6230i and its giving her some problems but she has old text messages on it from her deceased friend that she wants to keep and is hesitant about changing phones if it means she'll no longer have messages from her friend in her mailbox. It's a sentimental thing I guess.
    So I'm wondering if there's any way to transfer texts from one phone to another while keeping the original sender number? i.e. it'll still say its from whoever sent the message in the first place.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

I have a 6230i and have messages on my simcard. Whenever i change phone(i have done this alot over the past week) they went onto every phone i changed to. Te messages are on the sim card not the phone.Please ask the person to check it and see if it works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Teg Veece

I'll check that. Is there anyway to transfer the messages from the phone to the card if they have been saved to the phone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

I donot know but check this first as i donot think they are saved to the phone.Let us know if it works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Jam Man

Why not call Nokia?

Nokia Information Line
    Call 1 890 946 248
    Mon-Fri 9 am - 9 pm (except bank and public holidays)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

They can be saved onto your PC first through PC suite if you have data cable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

Yes they can be saved easily with Nokia Pc suite

I have each and every message from my girlfriend Now Fiance in the fist 6 months of when we met !!! have saved them all to my pc :D

Just to show her how much she loved me if she get angry with me

But she is a sweet Angel !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

On some Nokias if you move a text message into "saved messages" it will transfer across on the SIM card. Try it and see.

Advertisement