Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Interceptor loadout

Options
  • 02-01-2007 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭

I have an interceptor and I'm curious to know what you guys think would be the best loadout.. pvp setup mainly? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

depends what interceptor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Renesco

If your gonna do what i think your gonna do then leave the inty at home, most of those privateer guys fly frigates and inty's themselves. (if you are going after privateers)
    My own thought is to grab a thorax, put light blasters and some nos in the high's, Microwarp Drive, webber and 20km scrambler in the mids, and a funky tank in the low slots, for example -

2x energized adaptive nano membrane
    1x damage control
    1x medium repper
    1x plates (biggest you can fit)

then load her up with light drones and if you see a lone privateer in a frig, warp scramble them, MWD up to point blank range with some webage on them, start spamming light drones, and enjoy the fireworks / killmails :cool:

Just be carefull to avoid gangs / gank squads ;)

I was floating around all morning in a similarly fitted rupture, and all i came across were frigates that ran from me >_<

/me is desperate to get his rupture and cyclone blown up for the insurance money

wandering around in a cheap tech 1 fitted cruiser with that amount of targets about is fun though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Well my claw:

3x150, Nos
    MWD, Web
    SAR, Gyro, Kin Plate, 200 plate

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

What would be a nice hawk loadout?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

hawk is an AF
    but the best loadout i know of is
    4 x Standard missile launcher II
    1 x 1mn AfterBurner II
    1 x Magnetic Scattering Amp II
    1 x Warp Disruptor 1
    1 x Gist-A type small shield booster
    1 x Ballistic control II
    1 x Beta Hull mod nanofiber

if you have the skills to fit, if not change the bcu for a mapc or rcu and put a nos in the spare topslot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

I always had at least 1-2 BS and some BCs with me on a proper gatecamp in privateers :)

regi wrote:
    I always had at least 1-2 BS and some BCs with me on a proper gatecamp in privateers :)

Yeah, for gatecamps your gonna have proper firepower, but I meant for wandering around looking for solo action (i probably should have said that :s)

if you wander around the back roads (so to speak) of heimatar, sinq laison, and on the sinq / citadel border you might find a few lone privateers for said fun and games. Just avoid Jita, Rens, Ourselaert, Aunia, Amarr, Kor-Azor Prime and the Bei to Balle pipe to avoid the gate camps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

Sorry meant to say I've a crow sitting there.

Renesco you got it right.. was intending on going hunting.. but I guess a 20mil frig is wasted unless there is a few of us.

Might try a low spec cruiser and just see what I can catch.

Yarr the base of operations for the privateers war is the 'hek' system, most of the lads have jump clones there, you can sort yourself out a jump clone in the isaziwa system and jump into it for when your pvp'ing if you have implants.

I would say grab a thorax, and head to hek, meet up with a few of the lads there and gang up, then head towards caldari space via the empire route and you will definately find a few things to shoot at.

But be carefull as there are a few talented privateer pvp'ers sometimes in hek, a 2003 character in a megathron pwned my cyclone in just under two minutes yesterday, but unluckily for him there were 5 of us in system and he was promptly wtfganked shortly afterwards.

Hek is like the ballymun of the eve universe, always a good fight to be had :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Renesco wrote:
    Hek is like the ballymun of the eve universe, always a good fight to be had :P

I used to spend a lot of time there before 0.0 beckoned. Currently flying around syndicate looking for a fight. Actually quite hard to come by. Hmm that gives me an idea for a new thread...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Crow is the perfect solo inty. You can fit it so that it'll kill most other intys or frigs it comes across and can run from those it can't.

My preferred setup is:

3x Rocket Launcher II
    1x 125mm Railguin II
    1x 1mn MWD
    1x Web
    1x 7.5km Scram
    2x Micro Auxy Power Coil
    1x 400mm Rolled Tungsten Plate

It can hit out to nearly 13km with the rockets but obviously you need to get into 7.5km range to scramble. I haven't even had problems with blaster ranis's with that setup.

For something a bit funky though you might try flying a kessie.

My Kessie setup is:
    4x Rocket Launcher II
    2x Webs
    1x Scrambler
    1x MAPC
    1x 400mm Tungsten Plate

Obviously you're not going to catch anything at the speed of a kessie but a lot of intys will see a t1 frigate as an easy kill and close in.

The two webs will bring the unsuspecting inty pilot to an almost complete stop and the four rocket launchers pump out a lot of dps. And there's nothing better than wtfpwning a nice expensive t2 ship in a t1 frigate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

cheers for those setup tips ken, nice! will defo be loading the crow with something along those lines. :D

kessie for cheap pwnage ;) me likes

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Anyone fly the Amarr Crusader?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Marquall wrote:
    Anyone fly the Amarr Crusader?

Yeah I do, it's a bit meh. Anyways here is my set up:

Dual light pulse laser II x4
    MWD T2
    Fleeting Warp Scrambler (20k not very cap intensive)
    SAR II
    Overdrive II x2
    MAPC

You can swap the T2 MWD for a cat cold gas one and ditch the MAPC for another overdrive too. Which is better, but I cba unless there's one in the station.

I only ever use it as a tackler in gangs, never try too much one v one stuff unless I know I'm fighting retards, or Stilettos

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Fallen Buckshot

i usualy run a Malediction and im waiting to try out my setup
    3x standard missle launcher II's
    1mn mwd II scram or web II
    1x micro aux and 2x overdrive II's

i need to train rockets so i can drop the micro aux and field more of a "crow" setup

Surely a malediction fit like that is grossly inferior to a Crow so why not just train up caldari frigate?

inferior to crows eh ? hmm id like to vs a crow in this thing ...

Ok anywhere from Obe up to Venal works for me :)

did prety well vs gneez in his stabber tonight down in zinkon .. needs some tweaks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

http://nesw.griefwatch.net/?p=details&kill=6869

Stop giving these idiots kills. I mean Eltyron of all people on your killmail, for shame.

• Advertisement

actualy it was me and gneez messin around tryin my maled setup and those others jumped in

Advertisement