Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Crisis!!!

• 02-01-2007 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭

ok excuse me for the rant but im a Chelsea fan and im pissed off
    after juts seeing a miserable 0-0 draw.

I thought they were good in the 1st half and the first 20 mins or so
    of the 2nd, but then just GASH.

Man Utd Fans start celebrating now and break open the champers
    cos you won the league, or maybe your title challengers are Liverpool.
    Chelsea are great when they are 10 points in front , like they have been last 2 seasons, yet when they have to play catch up like this they are too nervous and just can't finish.
    What really pisses me off is that Mour will probably get sacked at the end of the season, which is a joke.
    look how long Fergie took to win the league for Man Utd ??
    This takes time !! (and anyway he's allready proved himself over the last
    2 years!!) .
    You think Arsene Wenger will be fired for Arsenals inconsistency ??
    NOT A CHANCE. (Off subject I think Arsenal are the best run team in the
    premiership and will be quite the side in a few years).

I'll be honest here, id be happy if united won the league YET I knew for
    a fact the Mourinho would be here for at least another 3 seasons.
    Who can do a better job ? yes other mangers but not in 1 season,
    Mourinho knows the team best, if they fire him and get a new manager
    next season Chelsea will become Real Madrid- A disaster !
    new manager every season and winning nothing because they keep
    changing managers.

Then Roman will get bored and leave....
    then Chelsea will be bankrupt, lose fans (do OI hear Dublin City FC anyone??)

Actually might put a flutter on Chelsea FC not EXISITING in 10 years time!!!!

Anyone want to back me !!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

abramovich is putting a couple hundred million into an account every year for chelsea in the event he leaves or something happens to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭berengar

Call_me_al wrote:
    abramovich is putting a couple hundred million into an account every year for chelsea in the event he leaves or something happens to him.

really ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Sack Mourinho, get a manager with a smaller ego, success will follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Classic post.

One thing - when is the world going to end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

well the four boys on jimmy hill soccer sunday(or whatever ots called) were talking bout it a couple of weeks ago and saying it is might responsisble and decent of him, which i completely agree with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

In mourinho's interview tonite he said he's NOT going to just go off and Buy players coz they are too expensive. He was suggesting that prices are hiked as soon as ppl here that Chelsea are interested.

Chelsea are going through a rough patch. That's all.

I don't think the league is over yet though.

might decent of him to do what ?

who are you talking about ?

Abramovich to be putting 100mil every year into Chelsea no matter what ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

At least he's been honest:

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho tonight:
    "Six points at the end of this disgraceful period is not bad.
    "We're leaving with a lot of hopes for the second part of the season.

"I think they answered my criticism. We got the point but more important was the attitude of the team. We are alive."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Gillie wrote:
    At least he's been honest:

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho tonight:
    "Six points at the end of this disgraceful period is not bad.
    "We're leaving with a lot of hopes for the second part of the season.

"I think they answered my criticism. We got the point but more important was the attitude of the team. We are alive."

I think its a bit of a smoke screen.6 points is quite serious,whos he kidding.It was only a couple of weeks ago that United lost at West Ham and there was only two points in it.

Of course 6 points can be pulled back and theres plenty of games to go but I think its just chest beating from Mourinho.He must be livid that they didnt beat Villa tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Not really, 6 points is more then achievable and Man Utd have yet to go through their apparently unavoidable 'rough patch'.

Chelsea were poor though.Completely toothless against an Asaton Villa team with one up front and quite clearly playing for a draw.As for Lampard getting motm...:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Chelsea have been relying on moments of genius from Drogba, Essien and Lampard for the past while and tonight, as is inevitible every once in a while, there was none.

Regardless of Terry's return to fitness, if Chelsea fail to improve their overall performances and turn their dominance of games into clear cut chances, then the title is Uniteds I think.

Was shocked with Lampard getting MOTM too! Though Bouma has as good a game as anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

i'd a feeling this would happen. Villa away is a very tough fixture when they're up for it.

Like-wise newcastle - probably tougher.

Yesterday, i wasn't too disappointed with a draw for Utd. They played well, were the better side and n'castle at the end were celebrating like the won the bloody match :rolleyes: (a measure of how far they've fallen over the last few years).

I wasn't expecting chelsea to roll over Villa today and thankfully they didn't. I wouldn't say the pressure got to them but i just think it was a difficult fixture.

However in previous seasons, they'd grind a 1-0 victory. And that's the difference, that's why Utd will go on and win the league.

Murinho can talk all he wants, but he's doing nobody any good. His players are confused after he publicly slams them and then defends them.

Injuries won't be accepted as an excuse. Utd were in the exact same position if not worse - (injury wise) a couple of seasons ago. Utd fans were told we had a lack of depth and '11 men don't win a league'.

You start to wonder just how much chelsea are worth. How good they are. Perhaps they've bought too many footballers and not enough men.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

6 points isnt a huge difference at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

smemon wrote:
    Perhaps they've bought too many footballers and not enough men.

I've heard a few classics in my time but that beats most of them? Not enough men? Drogba, who bullies centre-halves for fun? Essien, who can stand up to any opposition player in 3 different positions? Cole, who (apart from the recent OG fiasco) has barely even looked uncomfortble against any opponent bar Ronaldo? Shevchenko and Ballack have been failures up to now, but the current slump can't be blamed on them or whoever made the decision to buy them. If anything, Chelsea showed tonight that they are a team of men, by keeping a clean sheet. You don't get medals for it, but is it important? Well yeah.

As for the post at the top of the thread, a Chelsea fan in Barcelona, "que volan los cerdos mate, que volan los cerdos". :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Murinho's playing mind games with his players, That performance tonigh was just as bad if not worse than ones he criticised them for recently, They kept a clean sheet but at what cost? They created little or nothing going forward.

It's way too early for chelski fans to be throwing in the towel though, there is a lot of football to be played before the league is won.

Their poor performances of late has as much to do with players they sold than players they purchased, Gallas would have shored up the defence in Terrys absence and Duffers is always likely to produce a bit of magic to create a goal. Murinho has to take the blame for that.

6 points isnt a huge difference at this stage.

realistically it's 7 as Utd have a far superior goal difference and can't seem to stop scoring :) classic example last night utd draw 2-2, chelsea draw 0-0. a small victory for utd goal difference wise (or goals scored wise).

so Utd need 2 defeats plus a draw at least for chelsea to get back in. And that's assuming chelsea win all their remaining matches which is highly unlikely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

smemon wrote:
    realistically it's 7 as Utd have a far superior goal difference and can't seem to stop scoring :) classic example last night utd draw 2-2, chelsea draw 0-0. a small victory for utd goal difference wise (or goals scored wise).

so Utd need 2 defeats plus a draw at least for chelsea to get back in. And that's assuming chelsea win all their remaining matches which is highly unlikely.

both teams still have to play each other, both still have to travel to anfield and Emirates. considering United couldnt even get a draw at Upton park and taking chelsea's recent performances the title is definitly not over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

The two defeats for United I have trouble picking out. Anfield and the Bridge are the best hopes. But do you really think it would be truly remarkable for United to draw a few games between now and May? I wouldn't mind seeing hoe United cope without Vidic, or if United got into the situation of having one fit central defender available for selection. The above isn't an attempt at making excuses, if United win the league it will be because they were the best team, simple as that. But it would be foolish to assume that;
    a) United won't face testing circumstances between now and May
    b) Chelsea need to win all their remaining games

Bateman wrote:
    I've heard a few classics in my time but that beats most of them? Not enough men? Drogba, who bullies centre-halves for fun? Essien, who can stand up to any opposition player in 3 different positions? Cole, who (apart from the recent OG fiasco) has barely even looked uncomfortble against any opponent bar Ronaldo?

there's two types of strength - physical and mental. Anything other than a victory today was failure for Chelsea. They needed to go out an win and punish Utd - more than ever. That would have closed the gap plus sent out a message to Old Trafford that we're just waiting on you to slip up again.

Failure to do so just heaps more pressure on themselves and gives Utd a confidence boost.

It's easy to play when your 6 points ahead.. you can afford to make mistakes..

6 points behind and it's a different story. It requires patience, cool heads and grinding out results when your competition can't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

It's gas when a team who are averaging over 2 pts per game are suddenly in crisis! I think United have had an incredible capacity to win games this season and that is casting a false impression on Chelseas achievements so far this season.

If Chelsea had maybe 36-40 points now you could definetly say the wheel had fallen off the wagon, but (whilst underachieving figure by their standards)) 48 is very acceptable so far imho.

Personally I think Shevchenko's inclusion has been the major dent in Chelsea this season. With him in the side they almost look like they're playing with 10 men. That said tho if he can get his act together they might suddenly find themselves with a tremendous asset rather than the liability he is atm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Crisis -- what crisis -- i wish everton were in such a crisis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

6 or 7 points is not much at this stage if you consider that Man Utd still have to visit the 4 toughest grounds - Anfield where Pool are formidable and unbeaten in 27 games with the best home record in the league this season, Emirates where Arsenal have yet to lose, Stamford Bridge where Chelsea are still unbeaten under JM (with the exception of Barcelona), and White Hart Lane where before last week Spurs had racked up 13 consecutive victories including a win over Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Crisis my ass! Half the bloody team is injured! The lynchpin of the defence in Terry and Cech is gone. Their two best wingers are out and the £30 million record signing looks like a dud. If you ask me, Chelsea are doing well to be challenging for first!

I think Chelsea are lacking decent wide players. Robben and Cole are quality but it's no good having them if they're injured half the season. That leaves SWP and Kalou. SWP is nothing more than average. Kalou deserves a chance but to be honest he looks nothing special.

Bring Sol Campbell in and a quality winger and Chelsea will be a new team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Talk of a crisis is crazy ..... at the moment. However it is times like these that will test Moruinho as a manager and test the "bottle" of the players. In recent years Chelsea have never endured a patch like this and ultimately its when the pressure is on you find out a lot about your players and manager and even chairman.

So another few games like this and it will be interesting to see the reaction from the Bridge but I cant see this form lasting much longer. Interesting that despite their injuries their defense done their job tonight and kept a clean sheet, and it was their goal scoring talents, who were present, that let them down.

As for Mourinhos comments after the game, I dont see how he can be so happy with tonights performance. Jose pulled one of his extravagent moves by publicly critising his players last week and tonight was the night they were meant to hand in a great performance and Josies criticism was made to look a stroke of genius.

It didnt happen, Josie pretended it happened but it didnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

They don't have the strength in attack or in defense that United do. United don't have the strength in midfield that they do.

Chelsea got injuries/suspensions to their attack and defense. United havn't gotten injuries to their midfield yet.

Both teams need strengthening in the window, but United have gotten lucky that their injuries havn't come to the squad areas that they are weak in, unlike Chelsea.

It is a whole new ball game after the FA Cup tie. The title is still a long way from Old Trafford, but at least we're six points in front, and to everyone who thinks United will have their bad spell, it's after Christmas time baby, and that's when United become a really good team, always! Even in years when we did ****e, after Christmas, we always become top class, so I'm hopeful :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Yeah crisis alright, 6pts behind with only 18 games left. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Savman wrote:
    Yeah crisis alright, 6pts behind with only 18 games left. :rolleyes:
    It's 16 games left actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

kinaldo wrote:
    It's 16 games left actually.
    Oh well then! :D:D:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Man utd start celebrating? Dont think so ! If it was 6 pts at easter maybe but theres a few games to go yet mate !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

I'm a United fan and I think you Chelsea fans claiming that the league is United's are insane. It's far from United's. Saha is out injured now. Park is not fit, neither is Ole. Rooney isn't playing to the best of his ability. Imagine what an injury to Ronaldo would do to United right now? He seems to be the one creating and scoring from all over the place.

It's 6 points, and as a seasoned United fan I know that that means absolutely nothing at the start of the new year. I'll be waiting until there is 3 games to go and United are 6 points ahead before calling it a day. As someone already said, United haven't had their slump yet and you can bet there are a few injuries around the corner. Chelsea will get Terry back soon enough and the defense will be solid again. Until that happens, United have to try and gain as many points as they can so that they are still ahead after their slump is over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Ah nothing like a bit of flying off the handle is there? Got to love the whole, we are not 10 points clear so it must be a crisis statement. Ok we are 6 back, but united are a lot better this season than last so thats got something to do with it also.

Chelsea are going through a lul, what makes this one shocking is that they haven't had one in 3 years due to amazing consistency. Then again they haven't had an injury list like this one in 3 years! You have to remember that in the gk department we have lost 2 of the best in the prem and are now playing with the worst keeper in the prem, this and the fact that we have lost our captain and best defender in the country! You can see now how good a player JT is and it also shows how good a captain he is also. Something we take for granted. Its only 6 points though with half a season left to play! Easily clawed back.

Crisis, Chelsea going out of business after 3 draws? To the op I say in my best Liam Brady voice: "Hes talking noooooooooooooooooonsense Bill"

smemon wrote:
    there's two types of strength - physical and mental. Anything other than a victory today was failure for Chelsea. They needed to go out an win and punish Utd - more than ever. That would have closed the gap plus sent out a message to Old Trafford that we're just waiting on you to slip up again.

Failure to do so just heaps more pressure on themselves and gives Utd a confidence boost.

It's easy to play when your 6 points ahead.. you can afford to make mistakes..

6 points behind and it's a different story. It requires patience, cool heads and grinding out results when your competition can't.

Exactly!!!!
    Just what I was feeling last night!!

Allthough as a Chelsea fan I'm not as happy as you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

iregk wrote:

To the op I say in my best Liam Brady voice: "Hes talking noooooooooooooooooonsense Bill"

Exactly what I thought when I read what the OP wrote :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭SteM

Call_me_al wrote:

So much for Kenyon's 5 year plan.

Any United fan that isn't happy with their position at this point in the season must be crazy. There's no way even the most optimistic of us could have considered we'd be 6 points (7 if you take goal difference) ahead by new year. There are some tough matches to come alright but I think we're up to getting results at Anfield and Ashburton, the really important thing for Chelsea is if we draw or loose those games they HAVE to win them - that's real pressure. Not winning last night must have been a big disappointment to them considering United's result on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

Chelsea have to play away at Liverpool and Arsenal also

They play Liverpool in a few weeks - where they may not be back to form - Utd play Liverpool during the Barcelona CL period where I am sure Benitez will be rotating.

Chelsea play Arsenal second last game - when hopefully the league will be over by then :D

Full Run Ins
    Utd

Villa (H)
    Arsenal (A)
    Watford (H)
    Spurs (A)
    Charlton (H)
    Fulham (A)
    Liverpool (A)
    Bolton (H)
    Blackburn (H)
    Portsmouth (A)
    Sheffield Utd (H)
    Chelsea (A)
    Boro (H)
    Everton (A)
    City (A)
    West Ham (H)

Chelsea:

Wigan (H)
    Liverpool (A)
    Blackburn (H)
    Charlton (A)
    Boro (H)
    City (A)
    Portsmouth (A)
    Sheffield Utd (H)
    Watford (A)
    Spurs (H)
    West Ham (A)
    Manchester Utd (H)
    Newcastle (A)
    Bolton (H)
    Arsenal (A)
    Everton (H)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

ah, crisis isnt the word. was looking at fixtures there...Christ it is going to be close. My predictions are attached. Madness I know and impossible to predict, but it will be very close by the looks of things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭patmac

Such a sad post, poor Chelsea God love them. To those who think it's all over if the results of the remaining fixtures were to be the same as last year then Chelsea would win the league by six points and Chelsea can produce a run of form like that and United's form could also drop with injuries to key players like Ronaldo, Vidic or Rooney. As for the OP 2nd in the league and in all 4 competitions what would happen if things really went wrong, crisis what crisis?

patmac wrote:
    if the results of the remaining fixtures were to be the same as last year then Chelsea would win the league by six points

thats nice, but thats an even bigger if, seeing as Chelsea cannot cope with missing two players at the moment (one is a keeper). What if they get injuries? I think it will alot closer and United are playing better and have a stronger squad then last year. Bring on Larrson!!
    patmac wrote:
    Such a sad post

ah cornflakes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

berengar wrote:
    What really pisses me off is that Mour will probably get sacked at the end of the season, which is a joke.

Couldn't agree more, which is why I can't fathom why you'd start a thread titled Chelsea Crisis!!! (see, it must be a crisis, it gets three exclamation points)

Let's see...2nd in the PL (only 6 points off the leaders) and still in three cup competitions. You're right Cicken Little, the sky is falling down...:rolleyes:

You want to see a real crisis? Look at Leeds' current predicament, and their recent history. You don't know when you have it good...

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

Call_me_al wrote:

This is no longer true. Apparently Roman replied to an e-mail from a Nigerian business man what was looking for away to transfer his money out of the country, a service he was willing to pay 2million for. Ever the one for a good clean business deal Roman gave him the details to the "Chelski lives on after my death fund". Alas it was a dirty rotten scam and the scamp swiped the dosh meaning poor Jose has no Christmas spending money.

They will must likely have to sell everyone at knock down prices and sell the Bridge to pay off Shev and Ballacks wages.

• Advertisement

sundula wrote:
    This is no longer true. Apparently Roman replied to an e-mail from a Nigerian business man what was looking for away to transfer his money out of the country, a service he was willing to pay 2million for. Ever the one for a good clean business deal Roman gave him the details to the "Chelski lives on after my death fund". Alas it was a dirty rotten scam and the scamp swiped the dosh meaning poor Jose has no Christmas spending money.

They will must likely have to sell everyone at knock down prices and sell the Bridge to pay off Shev and Ballacks wages.

really Micky? Jaysus! ya gotta link?

Sorry no link, think it was in the Sun or Mirror so its concrete. I remember the article vividly because it was just below an article about Gareth Bale being involved in a swap deal, Barcelona were offering Deco, Ronaldinho and 12million but Bale couldnt agree personal terms and he wanted the No.17 jersey but Barca refused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Actually, even as a united fan, I agree with Mourinho for once . The gap is not as bad as it looks. Chelsea are having a dog of a run by their standards but the gap could have been a lot bigger if united had not fluffed some recent games. The media are focusing on CFC but dropping points at NUFC and West Ham could just as easily be construed as poor form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Are Kenyon's wages this high? :D
    sundula wrote:
    Originally Posted by Call_me_al

stovelid wrote:
    Are Kenyon's wages this high? :D

No high enough. He is such a business genius with an eye for a bargain, he does all Chelsea's transfer business you know. He has a real simple tactic. So simple its ingenuis, basically pick the player you want, for example SWP, then you offer he club an unbelieveable amount of money, which they quickly accept, then in a classic move you offer the player an absolute fortune to sign and Bob's your uncle.
    Who were Man U before Kenyon came along? He saved them and turn them in to global brand. I believe there was an additional chapter in Roy Keanes book "Kenyon the God", where Keane told stories of how under Kenyon's guidance and advice he went on to become the great player he was. He said he solely owes his career to Kenyon. But Man U lawyers forced them to cut the chapter out of the book. Keane left Man U because he was upset Kenyon was gone - FACT.

He had the same effect on John Terry when he moved to Chelsea and Peter Cech was actually a striker before Kenyon, after watching him play for 10 minutes, decided he would be better in goal.

someone was up all night watching paramount channel scoffing sarcasm pills

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

haha, who needs enemies with fans like this!

Trilla wrote:
    someone was up all night watching paramount channel scoffing sarcasm pills
    :)

I was actually watching Discovery Health, its was a behind the scenes in an operating room. They were carrying out a Back Operation on a guy called John Terry. Peter Kenyon was the surgeon, appartently he has been taking a night course in Spinal Surgery.It wasnt he first surgery, he had previously carried out an exploritory operation on Roy Keanes hip and some key hole work on Ruud Van Nistelroys knee. But he finds spinal work more interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

As a Chelsea fan of over 30 years - this is the type of 'crisis' I can handle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

SCULLY wrote:
    As a Chelsea fan of over 30 years - this is the type of 'crisis' I can handle

Couldn't agree more Scully. I remember the days of the late 80's early 90's when we would have welcomed such a crisis!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement