Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Crisis!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Pivotal weekend coming up in 2 weeks
    Liverpool v Chelsea on the Sat
    Arsenal v United on the Sun.
    Could have a huge bearing on where the title goes.
    In the past 2 seasons Chelse grinded out 1-0 away wins playing very average-poor football.
    They mostly relied on keeping a clean sheet and scoring from either a set piece or a break.
    They rarely dominated teams but just did enough to win.
    Last nights match was one of the worst matches I've seen in years.
    Neither team could hold the ball for any period of time,it was a brutal exposure of Chelseas negative attitude of 'The end justifies the means'
    Their football is workmanlike but very bad on the eye.
    Hopefully a footballing team like Utd will win the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

In the past 2 seasons Chelse grinded out 1-0 away wins playing very .

I thought they hammered them 4-1 in Anfield one year recently no?

Trilla wrote:
    I thought they hammered them 4-1 in Anfield one year recently no?
    Chelsea won alot of matches 1-0,they obviously didnt win them all 1-0.

Chelsea won alot of matches 1-0,they obviously didnt win them all 1-0.

misinterpreted your post, thought you were referring to Chelseas last 2 visits to anfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

In the past 2 seasons Chelse grinded out 1-0 away wins playing very average-poor football.
    They mostly relied on keeping a clean sheet and scoring from either a set piece or a break.
    They rarely dominated teams but just did enough to win.
    Last nights match was one of the worst matches I've seen in years.
    Neither team could hold the ball for any period of time,it was a brutal exposure of Chelseas negative attitude of 'The end justifies the means'
    Their football is workmanlike but very bad on the eye.
    This is utter bull-crap.

Last year five of Chelsea's 29 wins were 1-0. And only two of them were away from home.

United had four 1-0 wins from 25 wins in total. These are almost identical statistics to Chelsea's. Yet United are a "footballing team"?

In general the games that Chelsea win 1-0 are the games when teams go and "park the bus" in front of the goal. It is not a reflection on Chelsea or how they play football, more a reflection on how the teams that come to play them set their stall out. You will find any team will usually score from a set-play or slice of luck when the other puts 10 men behind the ball. Yet this is Chelsea's fault?

Of course.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

sundula wrote:
    Sorry no link, think it was in the Sun or Mirror so its concrete. I remember the article vividly because it was just below an article about Gareth Bale being involved in a swap deal, Barcelona were offering Deco, Ronaldinho and 12million but Bale couldnt agree personal terms and he wanted the No.17 jersey but Barca refused.

I heard it was the No.22 jersey...:p

If thats the criteria you apply surely you would hope Arsenal would win it, no?

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    I wouldnt mind them winning at all but they are too far behind to do so.

MrJoeSoap wrote:

naa, Arsenal are smelly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

Trilla wrote:
    naa, Arsenal are smelly

To many french players in one room me thinks :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Trilla wrote:
    naa, Arsenal are smelly

Maybe but United stick of an alcoholic who just pissed themselves...

back on topic in think Chelsea will still win the league as united have been as good as they can be while chelsea still have 2 - 3 gears in them. Chech and terry comming back soon will give them a big lift.

United have been lucky regarding injuries so far this season. How long will it last?
    Their squad is possibly the weakest in the top 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Actually Arsenals is the weakest in the top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

United have been lucky regarding injuries so far this season. How long will it last?

Only in central midfield.

In goals, we have VDS and Kuszack.

In defense we have:

Neville, Ferdinand, Vidic, Brown, Slyvestre, Heinze, Evra, O'Shea
    [that's not even including the youth players who could step in, and the youth players who could be recalled]

Man Utd has the best defensive squad in the premiership

In attack we have:

Rooney, Saha, Ole, Larrson, Rossi, Smith, Dong

On the wings we have

Ronaldo, Giggs, Park, Fletcher, Richardson

We are weak in central midfield without a doubt, with only Scholes, Carrick, Fletcher and O'Shea, but the addition of one central midfielder, and we will be covered there.

We have been lucky with injuries only in relation to central midfield, but we've had our fair share of injuries and suspensions, hell we even missed Rooney and Scholes for 3 games at the start, how many points did we get then? 9 out of 9.

United are always better after Christmas than they are before it.
    I don't see how anyone could say United have reached their peak yet?

Carrick still isn't preforming as he did for Spurs last year.
    Park is just back from injury, and if he can get back to his old level, will add greatly to the team.
    Ole is recovering from injury, but with every game, gets better and betters.
    Larrsson has joined the club

and most importantly,
    Rooney isn't preforming anywhere near where he did last year.

Chelsea havn't reached their peak yet, who says they are going to? Who says they didn't overpreform last year?
    The reason they havn't reached their peak yet, is because their 'peak' doesn't work with the players they have, and the formation Mourinho likes doens't work in the premiership.
    Until that changes, and different players are brought in, then Chelsea aren't going to reach their peak. It's into the 2nd half of the season, when are they gona do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

sundula wrote:
    To many french players in one room me thinks :)

I don't get you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

don't know how anyone can call themselves a chelsea fan and call our current position a crisis, being in the running for a 3rd consecutive title is great, still have a CL to win and a few trips to cardiff to plan for.

If JM walks away it won't be because he gets the sack it will be because he wants to.

Still within our reach to beat the mancs to it and it's far more interesting to be fighting for a title than winning it by christmas.

no crisis here, move along, perhaps you could consider becoming a west ham fan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

PHB wrote:
    Only in central midfield.

In goals, we have VDS and Kuszack.

In defense we have:

Neville, Ferdinand, Vidic, Brown, Slyvestre, Heinze, Evra, O'Shea
    [that's not even including the youth players who could step in, and the youth players who could be recalled]

Man Utd has the best defensive squad in the premiership

In attack we have:

Rooney, Saha, Ole, Larrson, Rossi, Smith, Dong

On the wings we have

Ronaldo, Giggs, Park, Fletcher, Richardson

We are weak in central midfield without a doubt, with only Scholes, Carrick, Fletcher and O'Shea, but the addition of one central midfielder, and we will be covered there.

We have been lucky with injuries only in relation to central midfield, but we've had our fair share of injuries and suspensions, hell we even missed Rooney and Scholes for 3 games at the start, how many points did we get then? 9 out of 9.

United are always better after Christmas than they are before it.

Park is just back from injury, and if he can get back to his old level, will add greatly to the team.

and most importantly,

Chelsea havn't reached their peak yet, who says they are going to? Who says they didn't overpreform last year?
    The reason they havn't reached their peak yet, is because their 'peak' doesn't work with the players they have, and the formation Mourinho likes doens't work in the premiership.
    Until that changes, and different players are brought in, then Chelsea aren't going to reach their peak. It's into the 2nd half of the season, when are they gona do it?

Obviously United have the best defence, but it's purely in terms of numbers. Terry is worth Ferdinand, Brown, Silvestre and O'Shea (I hate even saying that chancer's name in the same sentence as proper footballers), and Carvalho is as good as Vidic. Who is Dong? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

Chinese lad that's been at Antwerp waiting for his work permit to come through. It just has. He played a couple of preseason games with the first team. Pacy but I have to see what he's like playing in a real league. I'd much prefer to have Gibson back from Antwerp, he'd sort out our midfield. Anyway just realised this is a chelsea thread, so as you were :cool:

Well I normally compare similar players to similar players, and there have always been two types of CB's for me, the all out defender, and the playing defender.

Terry is an all out defender, as is Vidic. While Terrys absence only goes to show his worth, Vidic has been equally impressive this year.

Ferdinand vs. Carvalho is a much of a muchness for me. I think both players have minor faults, but both are top class players.

After that, our squad depth is great. Brown has shown he can step in and be quite good at CB, and at RB. Neville is always there for RB.
    Heinze and Evra are both top class players competing for left back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Trilla wrote:
    ah, crisis isnt the word. was looking at fixtures there...Christ it is going to be close. My predictions are attached. Madness I know and impossible to predict, but it will be very close by the looks of things.

Chelsea not going to lose another game this season ?! :eek:

I can see it going down to the last day of the season and Utd smashing Hammers, we owe them one :D Woops, we might even send them down !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

i was lol after reading JM's comments today..he said
    "Considering the problems Chelsea have had, Manchester United should be 10, 12, 14 points clear of us. I am happy to be six points behind.
    quite true i suppose it could be worse...whats more he said this yesterday which had me rofl
    But Mourinho insisted he would rather play his 55-year-old assistant Baltemar Brito - a former defender - than pay over the odds for a centre-back.

its is true though..clubs know we can spend the cash so ask for high transfer fees...i havent a clue who he will buy...i saw in some paper a transfer traget was some lad from Brimingham cant member his name..think it was your man Upson but that has to be b/s....but JAN 30 everyone...--cech is back........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Isn't there the possibility that the Chelsea Vs. United game could be taking place on the last day of the season? Can't remember where I seen this but I'm pretty sure it was a reliable source.

If either team reach the FA Cup semi final the game may have to be postponed. I'm sure many interested parties (especially Sky) would be watering at the possibility of a final day premiership decider.

Jank wrote:

Soskjaer, Park, Heinze, Neville, Vidic and Giggs all had injuries this season...and now Saha is out for 2 weeks. Sure we had Rooney, Ronaldo, Rio and Scholes for most of the season, still thats as much if not more than Chelsea.
    Bateman wrote:
    Terry is worth Ferdinand, Brown, Silvestre and O'Shea (I hate even saying that chancer's name in the same sentence as proper footballers), and Carvalho is as good as Vidic.

Ah I hate readin crap like that, purely in terms of numbers? right. Carvalho as good as Vidic? right. Have you watched Chelsea's back 5 lately? United have far better full backs than Chelsea - both from an attacking and defensive point of view. Even though Terry is the pick of the bunch between the too...I would rather the pairing of Rio and Vidic than Terry and Carvalho/Ferreira/Boulahrouz. Yes Vidic has been equally as impressive(Terry) as PHB stated.

Bateman wrote:
    Who is Dong?

Chinese striker back from on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

S.M.B. wrote:
    Isn't there the possibility that the Chelsea Vs. United game could be taking place on the last day of the season? Can't remember where I seen this but I'm pretty sure it was a reliable source.

If either team reach the FA Cup semi final the game may have to be postponed. I'm sure many interested parties (especially Sky) would be watering at the possibility of a final day premiership decider.

Horse****e. Impossible. If both teams were still in the fa cup the game would be postponed but would probably be played on a weeknight before the end of the season, theres no way it would be the last day ! What would we tell west ham, sorry lads we cant play you today as we forgot to play chelsea :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

You'd swear that Chelsea were top of the league this season when they had both Cech and Terry playing, and Utd only went ahead since the inuries....

After that, our squad depth is great

Ah come on! naming players who havent even started a game for the first team and saying that they are great for the squad is very PHB-esque.

For example Rossi cant get his game for newcastle when they have no strikers at all!! yet he is good enough for united!
    How the mighty have fallen if you take that as gospel.

United's key players have remained injury free this season. That was my point.
    Actually Arsenals is the weakest in the top 4

How so?

For example Rossi cant get his game for newcastle when they have no strikers at all!! yet he is good enough for united!
    How the mighty have fallen if you take that as gospel.

United's key players have remained injury free this season. That was my point.

As usual you ignore half my post, which is typical jank.

and most importantly,

And then back to what you were saying,

Brown has played 13
    O'Shea has played 13
    Heinze has played 12
    Evra has played 15
    Slyvestre has played 10

In attack
    Ole has played 7(with 8 subs) scored 8 goals too btw
    Larrsson hasn't played yet, but he's got some quality, I'm sure you remember him from last year.
    Rossi has played little, but the fact that he couldn't get his game for Newcastle means absolutely nothing to me. Roeder has never been the epitome of judging a good player, hell look at Luque, who still can't get his game, and Roeder would rather play 17 year olds ahead of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Even if Utd haven';t peaked - according to jank - isn't that a good thing seeing as they're sitting at the top of the table playing poorly?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

if we're all sitting here moaning about how poor chelsea and utd are....

what about liverpool and arsenal :confused: the gap is into double figures.. the losses are pilling up and it's not just this season either...

Arsenal are toothless and aren't a threat anymore to utd or chelsea. All you have to do go out and kick them a few times, they'll crumble. Liverpool the same, a bit more steel but no consistency for any great length of time. :cool:

As usual you ignore half my post, which is typical jank.

No, its just full of spin and does not reflect the reality of united;s QUALITY or lack there of in its squad.

Aliadaire has played 3 times this season for Arsenal yet I wouldnt even put him in my pub team. Saying he played a few games doesnt make him good.
    smemon wrote:
    if we're all sitting here moaning about how poor chelsea and utd are....

what about liverpool and arsenal :confused: the gap is into double figures.. the losses are pilling up and it's not just this season either...

Arsenal are toothless and aren't a threat anymore to utd or chelsea. All you have to do go out and kick them a few times, they'll crumble. Liverpool the same, a bit more steel but no consistency for any great length of time. :cool:

Im perfectly aware of arsenal's weakness and I accept that they do lack steel.
    I accept that but unlike rose tinted united fans that say everything is great and they can even play better is a bit mis-judged. Dont you think.

It's because of comments like these that most Arsenal and Liverpool fans would stll rather Chelsea to win the title. There is no middle ground when it comes to united.

Anyway wasnt this a chelsea thread. Points I made are still valid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I think what's sad is that any of the teams in the top ten that win three in a row will end up in third or fourth. Despite how badly 'pool and Arsenal have been doing, they are near the top of the league.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

PHB wrote:
    Brown has played 13
    O'Shea has played 13
    Heinze has played 12
    Evra has played 15
    Slyvestre has played 10

I think the point being made is that of all these. Sylvestre is dire as is O'shea. Brown seems to be made of glass while Heinze has apparently agreed a deal with Milan. So that really only leaves Evra as good cover.
    PHB wrote:
    In attack
    Ole has played 7(with 8 subs) scored 8 goals too btw
    Larrsson hasn't played yet, but he's got some quality, I'm sure you remember him from last year.
    Rossi has played little, but the fact that he couldn't get his game for Newcastle means absolutely nothing to me.

Ole has always been good and will have to be now with injury prone Saha. Larsson hasn't played yet and its a new league so the jury is out on him. Rossi as stated couldn't even get into newcastle and doesn't look like United quality to me, but thats just me. So cover for united is not the best when you look at it!!!

No, its just full of spin and does not reflect the reality of united;s QUALITY or lack there of in its squad.

Aliadaire has played 3 times this season for Arsenal yet I wouldnt even put him in my pub team. Saying he played a few games doesnt make him good.

Aliadaire is a kid, as is Rossi, so even if we ignore them, ya know, completely, we still have
    Rooney, Saha, Ole, Larrsson, Smith
    Are you suggesting Larrsson isn't up to it? I assume you remember the CL final last year?
    Smith is a proven premiership striker
    Ole has 7 goals in 8 starts this season

How do you respond to these statements?

Are those statements not true or something? How are they spin?

--

I think the point being made is that of all these. Sylvestre is dire as is O'shea. Brown seems to be made of glass while Heinze has apparently agreed a deal with Milan. So that really only leaves Evra as good cover.

Slyvestre is dire, no doubt about it, but he can play a whole match, preform, and normally play excellent, bar giving away one goal through a stupid mistake. In terms of squad depth, he is probably the best 4th choice CB in the entire league. Seriously, name me a better 4th choice CB!
    Brown is the 3rd choice CB, he is made of glass? Why, because he has had injuries in the past? He doesn't have injuries this season, and still provides cover.
    Heinze has apparently agreed a deal with Milan? Oh well then, sure United have apparently agreed a deal with Bale, Torres, Hargreaves, Ronaldinho, so sure, we'll base our conversations around that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Smith is **** PHB, stop deluding yourself with the fact hes a premiership proven striker crap.

also, you cant say Larsson will be as good as he was for Barca last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

the fact of the matter is, chelsea have a 'crisis', yet they're second in the league and 8 points clear of 3rd :rolleyes:

Utd are first, 6 points ahead of chelsea even though

:rolleyes:

so all of this shambles and crisis talk about utd and chelsea and yet no mention of arsenal of liverpool who are much worse off :confused:

Smith is **** PHB, stop deluding yourself with the fact hes a premiership proven striker crap.

also, you cant say Larsson will be as good as he was for Barca last season.

I'd rate Smith roughly the same level as I rate Crouch. Average striker, could get maybe 10 goals a season in the league, probably around 6 or 7. Adds a bit to the squad in terms of options, Crouch adds the height, Smith adds the tenacity. Either way, Smith is roughly at this stage, our 5th choice striker? Name me a better 5th choice striker please.

Larrsson may not be as good as he was for Barca last season, but even if he is about 80% as good, we've got a pretty good striker on our hands.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Even if Larsson isn't as good as he was for Barca, I'd rather have him than not...

PHB wrote:
    I'd rate Smith roughly the same level as I rate Crouch. Average striker, could get maybe 10 goals a season in the league, probably around 6 or 7. Adds a bit to the squad in terms of options, Crouch adds the height, Smith adds the tenacity. Either way, Smith is roughly at this stage, our 5th choice striker? Name me a better 5th choice striker please.

Larrsson may not be as good as he was for Barca last season, but even if he is about 80% as good, we've got a pretty good striker on our hands.

Same level as crouch?

Since when has smith been an england regular? When was his last premiership goal? Infact when was his last premiership start?

I dont remeber rafa trying to off-load crouch to Championship teams.

Trilla wrote:
    Soskjaer, Park, Heinze, Neville, Vidic and Giggs all had injuries this season...and now Saha is out for 2 weeks. Sure we had Rooney, Ronaldo, Rio and Scholes for most of the season, still thats as much if not more than Chelsea.

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

PHB wrote:
    Aliadaire is a kid, as is Rossi, so even if we ignore them, ya know, completely, we still have
    Rooney, Saha, Ole, Larrsson, Smith
    Are you suggesting Larrsson isn't up to it? I assume you remember the CL final last year?
    Smith is a proven premiership striker
    Ole has 7 goals in 8 starts this season

How do you respond to these statements?

OK 4 strikers there.

Saha blows hot and cold and is injured at the moment. But you know him one injury to the next 2 weeks may become 2 months.
    Ole is past his best. May get the odd goal but relying on him to carry united for the rest of the season is a big ask.
    United were prepared to loan off Smith to cardiff. Says it all really.
    Larson is class, but so is/was sheva. Expecting him to bang in 10 goals in 3 months is a bit high. Forgien players need 6-12 months to get used to the premiership so dont expect too much from him.

PHB wrote:

Are those statements not true or something? How are they spin?

Carrick was never worth the money full stop.
    Park's old level he left behnid at PSV. He has been distinctly average for united since he arrived on these shores. Again expecting him to carry united through the season if giggs/ronaldo gets injured is a bit much no?
    Ole and larrson i have commented on before but its intersting that you named these players twice!?:p
    Rooney maybe is just not that good....

PHB wrote:
    Slyvestre is dire, no doubt about it, but he can play a whole match, preform, and normally play excellent, bar giving away one goal through a stupid mistake. In terms of squad depth, he is probably the best 4th choice CB in the entire league. Seriously, name me a better 4th choice CB!

Senderous or Djourou
    PHB wrote:
    Brown is the 3rd choice CB, he is made of glass? Why, because he has had injuries in the past? He doesn't have injuries this season, and still provides cover.
    Heinze has apparently agreed a deal with Milan? Oh well then, sure United have apparently agreed a deal with Bale, Torres, Hargreaves, Ronaldinho, so sure, we'll base our conversations around that.

Just look at my sig PHB......

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    heh, that's a great link.

Have to feel bad for Newcastle - 12 players, ouch. Arsenal had about 12 players out for the Sheffield United game, and we saw what happened there. Roeder deserves a lot of slack.

As for Chelsea crisis - come back to me when they actually lose a game ffs.

Saha blows hot and cold and is injured at the moment. But you know him one injury to the next 2 weeks may become 2 months.

He might get injured, that's it? Henry might get injured again too. As might anyone, it's a 2 week knock, in which he misses one premiership game
    Ole is past his best. May get the odd goal but relying on him to carry united for the rest of the season is a big ask.

Really?
    Ole has one less goal in the premiership than Liverpool's top striker.
    He has the same amount of goals as Adebayor, but has had fewer starts.
    United were prepared to loan off Smith to cardiff. Says it all really.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=437122&plid=999&clid=1&cpid=8
    Larson is class, but so is/was sheva. Expecting him to bang in 10 goals in 3 months is a bit high. Forgien players need 6-12 months to get used to the premiership so dont expect too much from him.

I don't expect much from him, but just like Shev would be good cover for a squad, so is Larrsson.
    Carrick was never worth the money full stop.

Defo, but United always pay more. Doesn't change the fact he hasn't reached the levels he was at with Spurs.
    Park's old level he left behnid at PSV. He has been distinctly average for united since he arrived on these shores. Again expecting him to carry united through the season if giggs/ronaldo gets injured is a bit much no?

Is it? Last season he was fantastic when he came on, provided a key final ball. I don't see how him regaining his match fitness won't improve United.
    Ole and larrson i have commented on before but its intersting that you named these players twice!?
    [\quote]

Ah I get it, I was responding to your statement that Chelsea will get better, but United won't.
    Rooney maybe is just not that good....

Maybe, but what happened last year? Magical events?
    Senderous or Djourou

Whichever is the 4th choice, neither of them have proved themselves any more than Slyvestre, and both are prone to lapses in concentration, just like him.
    Just look at my sig PHB......

Where does your sig address the point I made about Brown or about Heinze?

---
    Same level as crouch?

Since when has smith been an england regular?

Yeh, cause getting picked by England shows any sort of skill these days. But even if it did, Smith would be in the squad if he wasn't injured, as you well know.
    When was his last premiership goal?
    Infact when was his last premiership start?

I dont remeber rafa trying to off-load crouch to Championship teams.

You might remember he got injured? Last Feburary was the last time he played.
    Before that he got (I think) 10 goals in the 2004-5 season.

Look PHB I could argue all those points but to be honest I cant be arsed. I just find your over-optimistic rose tinted view on the world is laughable.

If i think an Arsenal player is **** i will say he is so and want him out of the club. Full Stop!
    You on the other hand would drag up some statistic thats becomes a proxy for your argument.

Nobody takes these comments seriously here so ill just drop it.

Nobody takes these comments seriously here so ill just drop it.

Ah, the clever argument of, your stupid therefore I win, why say it in so many words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Ah, the clever argument of, your stupid therefore I win, why say it in so many words.

Stupid? No. Blinkered, biased, deluded, misinformed? Absolutely. And I seriously doubt I'm in the minority on here in thinking that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Stupid? No. Blinkered, biased, deluded, misinformed? Absolutely. And I seriously doubt I'm in the minority on here in thinking that.

No mate we all think it. PHB is in a league of his own on this board. Still, he gives us all something to laugh at on a daily basis.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

jank wrote:

he blows hot and cold?

2006-2007 so far

played - 23
    scored - 12

2005-2006

played - 28
    scored - 15

2004-2005

played - 22
    scored - 2

2003-2004

played - 35
    scored - 22

so thats one bad year he had in four?

108 games, 51 goals

not really hot and cold to me

above include sub appearances too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Remind me again, this thread is about a crisis at Chelsea?

Usual mickey waving.

PHB wrote:

Yeh, cause getting picked by England shows any sort of skill these days. But even if it did, Smith would be in the squad if he wasn't injured, as you well know.

You might remember he got injured? Last Feburary was the last time he played.
    Before that he got (I think) 10 goals in the 2004-5 season.

Smith wont be in the england squad for a long time unless they suffer some serious injuries. Who place would he take?

Against Southend was the last time i remeber him playing actually, did he play after that? Looking at his performance that night i wouldnt be suprised if he hasnt.

Against Southend was the last time i remeber him playing actually, did he play after that? Looking at his performance that night i wouldnt be suprised if he hasnt.

He's actually still injured, only reason he got in in the league cup was to give him some sort of match fitness. I don't think you'd find it suprising that a player who had been out for a year was not at his best.

I don't think he is a world class player, I don't even think he is a very good player, but he is a player who adds depth to the squad, and he can probably chip in a few goals over the season, and add a different style to the United attack (defense from the front).

afaik, he has about 15 England caps. Who replaced him after he broke into the squad?

• Advertisement
Advertisement