Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Crisis!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

i dont have a clue who replaced him, cruch was it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Don't know either, the point is, if he can get back to his old levels, he should be able to break back in.

I still rate him about as highly as I rate Crouch, neither are good enough to be the top strikers for a challenging team, but they both provide an option in attack, and both give similar goal returns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

PHB wrote:
    Don't know either, the point is, if he can get back to his old levels, he should be able to break back in.

I still rate him about as highly as I rate Crouch, neither are good enough to be the top strikers for a challenging team, but they both provide an option in attack, and both give similar goal returns.

I dont see what opition Smith gives that a bent or defoe or johnson wouldnt give. He might have alot more grit and determination, but you want that from your midfielder, not your striker.

Crouch has a nice little niche market for himself. In that therei s no other english player as tall as him. I'dd still take Crouch over Smith any day of the week.

He might have alot more grit and determination, but you want that from your midfielder, not your striker.

Yeh, well sometimes you want that from your striker. A striker who hassles defenders can be very helpful both in disrupting the defensive concentration so that the other striker can score, and also defending from the front. He is like a much better Dickov. Professional pest I think was the phrase used for Dickov, and while I'm not sure you'd call Smith a pest, he has that same effect.

If I had to make a choice right now, I'd pick Crouch, but once Smith regains full fitness, I think they are are both pretty even.

---

Looks like we'll all see just how good Brown is, as Vidic is reported out for a month. Probably will be less, but Brown will prob have to play for 3 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Usual mickey waving.

:D that got a laugh from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Waster

Yeh, cause getting picked by England shows any sort of skill these days. But even if it did, Smith would be in the squad if he wasn't injured, as you well know.

You might remember he got injured? Last Feburary was the last time he played.
    Before that he got (I think) 10 goals in the 2004-5 season.

Smith scored 6 premiership goals for Utd in 04-05 in 31 games. He's never been a prolific striker, even in his leeds days when he regularly played up front. Never managed to get into double figures for league goals.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Remind me again, this thread is about a crisis at Chelsea?

Usual mickey waving.
    :D roffle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

getting back too topic i guess if we do buy Richards he will be our new right back-seen as its our weakest point in our defence[when were at full strength] and then Carvalho terry CB and should one get injured Richards goes CB with Geremi or Ferreira going RB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

hahahahahaha!

Wycombe hold Chelsea in first leg

I completely forgot there was a semi final being played last night!

Well done to Wycome Wanderers, a whopping 71 places below Chelsea in the English leagues.

Chelsea fielded quite a strong team too -

Hilario, Geremi, Bridge (Lampard 67), Ferreira, Ashley Cole, Essien, Makelele, Mikel, Ballack, Kalou (Sinclair 90), Wright-Phillips (Sahar 61).

A good result according to Mourinho...

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

yeah it's a joke , Chelsea are supposed to be challenging
    for the european cup !!!

they should be beaten by Porto, and finish 5th in the league..

they have gone shít , unbelievably shít

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

jackdaw wrote:
    they should be beaten by Porto, and finish 5th in the league..
    they have gone shít , unbelievably shít

Hahaha that post is hillarious. Lets all ignore the fact that Chelsea are going through their worst injury crisis in 5 years, still unbeaten in 13 games and still very much in all 4 competitions. Still I suppose it goes to show our standards that it somehow means we are crap and in the midst of a crisis :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

kinaldo wrote:
    hahahahahaha!

Wycombe hold Chelsea in first leg

I completely forgot there was a semi final being played last night!

:D

Probably due to the fact that your teams interest in cup competitions is usually limited to the early rounds!!

Poor result for chelsea but would still be hughly confident of reaching the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/6251033.stm

Another clear sign of deteriorating relations betwen board and manager perhaps. Jose's not happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Pighead wrote:
    nother clear sign of deteriorating relations betwen board and manager perhaps. Jose's not happy.

yeah looks like it, although can any joe doe talk anything that guy says seriously? I reckon this so called slump should come to a close soon...then the real title race will begin. Hopefully its tight enough with 8 games to go.

by the way how serious is this?

That's something I really don't understand, like Money actually means nothing to Ambrovimich any more, so it must be something else. Weird though.

I think it's easy to laugh at last nights result, but in all fairness, Bridge was their wing forward, although he did score the goal. Last night was a shocking performance from the team they put out there, but it's the first leg, and they'll win the second, so it doesn't matter much. The important game is against Wigan, and I really hope that they continue their run of bad form there. Terry remains out, so the defense will still be a mess, but considering how poor Wigan are...

Trilla wrote:
    yeah looks like it, although can any joe doe talk anything that guy says seriously? I reckon this so called slump should come to a close soon...then the real title race will begin. Hopefully its tight enough with 8 games to go.

8 games to go ??

don't you mean 17 ?

jackdaw wrote:
    8 games to go ??

don't you mean 17 ?

I mean hopefully when it comes to 8 games to go it will be close. i'm a Man Utd fan through and through and I hope we win it, but its great that its exciting. If United can get 5 - 7 points from the Arsenal,Chelsea and Liverpool games I think they'll win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

PHB wrote:
    That's something I really don't understand, like Money actually means nothing to Ambrovimich any more, so it must be something else. Weird though.

Maybe money is a problem, they have been making noise's about get future players from their youth/reserve teams, the big spending might now be finished.

• Advertisement

Trilla wrote:
    I mean hopefully when it comes to 8 games to go it will be close. i'm a Man Utd fan through and through and I hope we win it, but its great that its exciting. If United can get 5 - 7 points from the Arsenal,Chelsea and Liverpool games I think they'll win it.

Ah Gotcha!!

well i don't think it will be much of a race to be honest,
    I fully expect another draw this weekend against Wigan since
    Terry is not back, thats an 8 point gap...
    then prob lose against pool 11 point.. over ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Pighead wrote:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/6251033.stm

Another clear sign of deteriorating relations betwen board and manager perhaps. Jose's not happy.

if there is any crisis in Chelsea that's it. I seriously doubt that Jose willl be staying much longer, he seems to have lost the dressing room, and now finally the board, it's only a question of when... would a man with an ego as big as his stay til the Summer? I can only see him staying if it means a nice big pay off. One of the reasons Chelsea were so successful over the past few seasons was their team spirit, there was never a negative word said by any one there to the media, that's what got them many a late goal and a vctory, but that seems to have fizzled out now... or so the reports would suggest. Can they serioulsy turn it around enough with the mood as bad? I'm not sure they can from what i hear... unless Terry and Cech's return can somehow galvanise them all, which is asking a lot...

I think this season could be Utds to lose... every keeps talking about how bad Chelsea are doing, but Utd are dropping points too, and Chelsea havn't narrowed the gap...

jackdaw wrote:
    Ah Gotcha!!

well i don't think it will be much of a race to be honest,
    I fully expect another draw this weekend against Wigan since
    Terry is not back, thats an 8 point gap...
    then prob lose against pool 11 point.. over ..

Jose wont be turning to you for any morale boosting speeches as the season draws to a close. Keep the faith, by the end of the month everyone could be back for the run-in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

It's interesting that no one has actually bothered consulting the Chelsea supporters on what they think of Jose.

Thats always the way raskolnikov, never let the truth get in the way of a good yarn...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭berengar

So Terry is WEEKS away from fitness ???

So thats a draw against Wigan and a loss against Liverpool...
    title is over...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

so JM says he isn't getting support from the board, which means RA, which would be a bit worrying, no doubt he'll be talked around because any manager would want to be in charge of chelsea given their plans for global domination, the wealth on RA to bankroll it all and the chance to make footballing history in the process. I can't see him leaving this season tbh.

If we lose to wigan at the weekend i'll be thinking the 3 in a row has gone, i didn't think we could implode so badly without him, but proof pudding etc. which won't really ruin my year as long as we get a decent shot at the CL.

Mirror article seems completely contradictory to every other site around. The fact that it says mirror means it cannot be taken seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

iregk wrote:
    Mirror article seems completely contradictory to every other site around. The fact that it says mirror means it cannot be taken seriously.

If you thought the mirror was bad.........

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007010706,00.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

growler wrote:
    so JM says he isn't getting support from the board, which means RA, which would be a bit worrying, no doubt he'll be talked around because any manager would want to be in charge of chelsea given their plans for global domination, the wealth on RA to bankroll it all and the chance to make footballing history in the process. I can't see him leaving this season tbh.

If we lose to wigan at the weekend i'll be thinking the 3 in a row has gone, i didn't think we could implode so badly without him, but proof pudding etc. which won't really ruin my year as long as we get a decent shot at the CL.

I think in fairness that the recent run of poor results is due to the fact that we are missing both Cech and Terry. Our defence was already looking nervous as they don't seem to have great confidence in Hilario (not even our second choice keeper). With Terry in , he calmed the unease somewhat but once he was missing, these errors crept in.

I agree that this is crunch time premiership wise as we have to get back to winning ways (Liverpool just around the corner).

• Advertisement

2 very worrying stories above, I know its the Mirror & The Sun ..
    but there must be some truth in them...

The little blimp in Chelsea's recent fortunes may have been started by Cech and Terry being out, however i think there problems now run much deeper. There is alot of media coverage about JM's future. And in the interviews i have seen on Skysports he seems to be a bit isolated from the Club. " Its not my decision no one is coming in" etc etc. And today he has a piece on skysports.com saying he is no as lucky as Glenn Roeder because Roeder has good youth/reserve players to call on during Newcastles current injury crisis and JM has nobody. If i was a betting man I would say this is his last season at Chelsea. Chelsea fan's will just have to hope Kenyon doesnt get his way and bring in Eriksson then there really will be a Crisis

Oh I agree there is something most deff happening but when I see the sun and the mirror you know 90% of it is fabricated sensationalism (is that actually a word?)

Its going to make for a very interesting 2nd half of the season and summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,591 ✭✭✭patmac

Sizzler wrote:
    I was Jose's friend that told The Sun this. I was drinking a glass of red wine with him etc, I swear honest. Unfortunately were not friends anymore he has disowned me so if anyone asks him does he know PATMAC of boards he'll deny it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

On the upside ( :confused: ) It says Robben is going to Bayern now and Hargreaves is going to Stamford Bridge....although I dont think Jose had a hand in it ;)

in "informed" source's of the media suggest Arnie is doing all the transfer dealings.

That’s it. I’m going at the end of the season . . . I don’t know where yet.”
    ah the sun has to make ya laugh.....i only trust bbcsport.co.uk...
    said that JM is not allowed buy any players which means according to JM no one is leaving...so.....bye bye title

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=jose%2Ds-toon-and-gloom%26method=full%26objectid=18452028%26siteid=94762-name_page.html
    Mourinho's amazing attack on the Chelsea board 'Even Newcastle have a better squad than us'
    John Cross

JOSE MOURINHO has launched another bitter attack on the Stamford Bridge board after claiming Newcastle have a stronger squad than Chelsea.

Despite spending nearly £200million on new players during two - and-a-half years in charge, the Chelsea boss is furious that his attempts to strengthen his squad in January have been blocked by Roman Abramovich.

And the latest blow for Mourinho came after Chelsea refused to sanction a £3m deal for Bolton centre-half Ben Haim to strengthen their injury-hit defence.

Mourinho said: "We try to do our best. But I'm not lucky like other managers who have defenders in their reserves.

"When we played Newcastle, Glenn Roeder had Paul Huntingdon to bring into their team. Then they have the young player, David Edgar, who scored against Manchester United. We have no players.

"I'm just having to wait for players to be fit and ready. In football you have to live day by day. It looks like it never ends. We have a lot of problems."

Having the Ben Haim deal blocked is another blow for Mourinho whose frustration with Chelsea has left his relations with the board at breaking point.

And Mourinho's remarks about Newcastle are a clear dig at his Chelsea chief scout and director of youth development Frank Arnesen as he claims they do not have young defenders in their ranks.

The Portuguese boss has a difficult relationship with Arnesen and it would now appear the manager has less input over transfers.

The Bridge chief is getting increasingly frustrated with £30.9m striker Andriy Shevchenko who has failed to justify his price tag since his arrival last summer.

But Mourinho - who also targeted Manchester City's Micah Richards - believed there would still be plenty of cash to spend in January to ease his injury crisis.

However, his public attack on Chelsea's hierachy has only heightened speculation that he could be ready to leave Stamford Bridge this summer.

The former Porto coach is not used to Abramovich tightening the purse strings and it is now a question of whether he can accept the restrictions.

Mourinho has dug his heels in this week to try and show he is still in charge by refusing to let Shaun Wright-Phillips leave - until Chelsea make new signings.

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill had talks with Chelsea last Friday and was hoping to sign Wright- Phillips on loan.

Chelsea chief executive Peter Kenyon favoured the deal but Mourinho is getting tough with Wright- Phillips in an attempt to persuade Chelsea to sign a defender.

TOON KIDS HE'D LOVE TO HAVE..

PAUL HUNTINGDON

The Carlisle-born teenager - squad number 54 - made his full Premiership debut against Chelsea in the defeat at Stamford Bridge last month.

DAVID EDGAR

Another 19-year-old, born in Ontario, Canada, but his roots are in Newcastle after his dad Eddie played for the Toon. The youngster scored a spectacular equaliser against Man Utd.
    lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Aye, you know how bad Newcastle are when another manager tries to be extreme by saying they are worse than them :)

astrofool wrote:
    Aye, you know how bad Newcastle are when another manager tries to be extreme by saying they are worse than them :)
    Ha! It might be insulting if the manager in question hadn't spent almost £200m in two and a half years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Sizzler wrote:

Amazing that these 'friends' or 'pals' as they put it in this article are always willing to talk to the press :rolleyes: .

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Picked this up from another forum and thought it was quite funny
    Trading Standard Officers have ordered the urgent recall of a defective product found to be faulty and dangerous.

Over the Christmas and New Year period, tests proved the components in the product called "Chelsea FC" would fall apart when placed under the smallest amount of pressure.

Consumers first experienced problems last year, when it was noted the product failed to work properly in Europe. Complaints were made about it malfunctioning and then emitting a continuous whining noise - usually in Portuguese.

At the time the complaints were ignored. But when the product started falling apart in Britain over Christmas, the Trading Standards Authority took action.

A spokesman warned: "We particularly want to stress to parents that, with Chelsea FC, there is a genuine risk of choking that may end in tears come May."

Despite assurances from the company behind the product that action was taken to correct the faulty parts, including abandoning the use of the highly unpredictable and sub-standard component "Robert Huth" malfunctions have continued.

Consumers have been urged to check the small print carefully for the words "this product may contain traces of Shevchenko". If that is the case buyers of the product are urged to put it back in its box and return immediately.

"Shevchenko" has been known to cause a severe allergic reaction in many consumers, causing them to shout involuntarily "You useless Ukrainian t**t and "For f*** sake bring back Carlton Cole."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Maureen stormed out of meeting earlier apparently. It seems a Ukrainian-language coach is to be imposed on him to work with Shev. Sounds like its all falling to pieces. Cech could be back for the Liverpool game it seems.

Mike.

god JM looked like S**t on "The Premiership after the match didnt he???looks like he hasent slept in a week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The Sunday Times has two articles both of which basicly say its Goodbye from Jose.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,277-2546297,00.html
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,277-2546237,00.html

Mike.

Terry has come out and just confirmed everything,
    "We don't want Jose to go and if it takes five or six of the senior players to tell them so, then that's what we're prepared to do," said Terry.

"We are all loyal to Jose but this is putting pressure on everyone."

Looks like the captain is standing by the manager, if Mourinho goes, maybe Terry will go with him aswell as Lampard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

There's so much speculation going on at the bridge right now that no one really knows what's going on (bar the insiders) however it seems very certain the Arnesen and JM are in some form of power struggle. Kenyon seems to know that JM is mre important to chelsea than almost anyone else, with the full support of the team, and the fans , hopefully Roman will do the right and the smart thing and give JM whatever he wants and send that Arnesen fella packing.

Losing JM for any reason before the end of the season would be a footballing and a PR disaster for chelsea, we've still got 3 cups to win and a league to challenge for a 3rd time. I can't think of anyone who could replace JM and keep the fans onside, unless they succeed in the CL right away. Love him or loathe him he's the best manager we've had at chelsea for a long time, i bet he's a pain in the ass to work with, but people who are brilliant at their jobs often are.

My worst nightmare now is JM off mid season and that twunt Sven coming in. :eek:

btw: isn't there some unwritten rule that forbids using the Sun as a source for anything except chav boob pics? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I'm not sure Arnesen should be sent packing, I don't see why he can't work under Mourinho as part of Jose's backroom team. However, if it's one or the other, I'll have Jose every time obviously.

Does Kenyon really realise how valuable Mourinho is? I'm not so sure. :(

I think Mourinho will be hard to replace instantly. AFAIK he is the only foreign manager ever to come into the league and win it first time around. He understands how the league works, something that even Rafa is still struggling with. I'd be suprised if they could find an English manager who would be high-profile enough to come in and do the job, and I'd be very suprised if they found a foreign manager who could come in and win the premiership. That said, if the focus is only on the CL, I'm sure they could find a foreign manager who could come in to give them a great chance of winning that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

AFAIK he is the only foreign manager ever to come into the league and win it first time around

Wenger did it in his first full season.

I'd like to see Mourinho stay till the end of the season, can't stand listening to him most of the time, but it will be a lot less controversial without the chap around.
    From reading the Times' articles this morning it would seem that is a case of days not months before he leaves.

Advertisement