Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Crisis!!!

124»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Id be surprised if he goes in the next few days but he will be gone at the end of the season regardless. Pity would have liked to see Wenger beat him in a title race. Arsenal can have a right go of it next season IMO.

Will he be a future united manager though!!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

ive had enough...im not beliving a single thing i see in the media anymore..You see a story u belive it then u read a completely differnt one somewhere else...Im just waiting to see what happends
    Will he be a future united manager though!!?
    Madrid are in the wait for him i hear:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

growler wrote:
    My worst nightmare now is JM off mid season and that twunt Sven coming in. :eek:
    Growler,

not wanting to p*ss on your chips but
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,277-2549105,00.html
    José Mourinho’s future at Chelsea has been placed in further doubt after it emerged last night that Avram Grant has told friends that he will be joining the club this summer. Grant, the former Israel head coach, has been identified by Roman Abramovich, the owner, as the man to improve Chelsea’s fortunes on the pitch and belatedly get the best out of Andriy Shevchenko, their badly misfiring £30 million striker.

Mourinho has vetoed Grant’s recruitment on one occasion this season and the fragile truce negotiated by Peter Kenyon, the chief executive, between Abramovich and his manager may have little hope of holding. Sources at Stamford Bridge have confirmed that the subject of Grant, the Portsmouth director of football, remains on the agenda, with the Israeli having seemingly convinced Abramovich that he has something to bring to the club.

Since being introduced to the Russian by Pini Zahavi, the agent, while working as Israel coach three years ago, the pair have become increasingly close. Grant has also developed a good working relationship with Frank Arnesen, the head of scouting and youth development at Chelsea.

Those who know Grant well describe him as “charming”. After announcing his intention to leave the Israel job in October 2005, he began telling anyone who would listen that he was destined for a coaching job with the Barclays Premiership champions before arriving at Fratton Park last summer.

Harry Redknapp, the Portsmouth manager, knew nothing of the appointment and it is widely believed that Grant was brought in by Alexandre Gay-damak, the club’s owner, as a favour to Abramovich.

Although making little impact at Portsmouth, Grant is determined to stay in England and has bought an apartment on the marina at Port Solent. The 51-year-old has turned down job offers from Beitar Jerusalem and Maccabi Tel-Aviv since moving to England, having previously worked for Hapoel Haifa and Maccabi Haifa.

Mourinho’s time appears to be running out, whatever Chelsea’s plans, although he achieved a partial victory yesterday. With John Terry, the influential centre half, struggling with injury, the Portuguese has demanded the signing of a defender before Saturday’s match away to Liver-pool and the club are ready to accede to his wishes by making a bid for Tal Ben Haim this week. Bolton Wanderers’ demand for £5 million for a player whose contract expires in the summer is hugely unrealistic and they are likely to settle for £2-3 million.

Even the arrival of much-needed defensive cover would be a mixed blessing for Mourinho, however, because he had expressed a preference for Jorge Andrade, the Deportivo La Coruña defender with whom he worked at FC Porto. It has even been suggested that Ben Haim is motivated by a desire to be reunited with Grant, under whom he played for Mac-cabi Tel-Aviv and Israel.

Grant is also understood to have claimed that he would not be surprised if Sven-Göran Eriksson joined him at Stamford Bridge, although his views on the former England head coach appear farfetched. There was widespread relief at Chelsea when they persuaded Mourinho to join them from Porto after a botched attempt to recruit Eriksson three years ago and the Swede’s reputation has diminished since as a result of his disappointing European Championship and World Cup campaigns with England.

Also did you hear Graham Hunter on Newstalk this morning saying that Maureen had sent emails to a load of journalists saying that he didn't know whether he was going to Spain or Italy but that he was going? Hunter was saying that he could go before the end of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I doubt he will go with them still in the champions league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Am I the only one wondering if Matt Hughes was having a laugh when he hyphenated Mr. Gaydamak's name?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,077 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

lol, yeah i'd say he was, i've never seen it hyphenated before anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

Growler,

not wanting to p*ss on your chips but
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,277-2549105,00.html

Also did you hear Graham Hunter on Newstalk this morning saying that Maureen had sent emails to a load of journalists saying that he didn't know whether he was going to Spain or Italy but that he was going? Hunter was saying that he could go before the end of the season.

its ok, I don't believe anything I read in the papers (sports coverage anyway).

After a little taste of success at chelsea in recent years bringing that fool in would be a very unpopular choice with the fans and make us the laughing stock if the media overnight, don't think even true-red-kenyon could stomach that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭SCULLY

I agree - a quiet transfer window has left the back pages been filled with pure speculation. It's obvious that all is not well at the Bridge but I take what the papers print with a heavy dose of salt.

growler wrote:
    don't think even true-red-kenyon could stomach that.

True red kenyon that's an (ox)ymoron. Nobody at United ever believed that lifelong red crap. The ony thing that motivates him is the size of his bank balance. If your lot want to believe that he is on a mission from United think again. Anyway, from what I read he is supposed to be a Maureen supporter (lifelong obviously).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I wonder what would happen to Kenyon if he got fired from Chelsea, where would he go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Fergie is right, I don't particularily like Mourinho but i admire his abilities as a coach and manager. He is most definitely one of the best in England now and it would be a big loss for the league if he left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

True red kenyon that's an (ox)ymoron. Nobody at United ever believed that lifelong red crap. The ony thing that motivates him is the size of his bank balance. If your lot want to believe that he is on a mission from United think again. Anyway, from what I read he is supposed to be a Maureen supporter (lifelong obviously).

I certainly don't believe that he is a fan in the same way as I am, but generally if someone "comes out" as a Utd supporter I'm inclined to believe them, afterall why upset your friends and family etc. unless it is what you truly are ;)

Kenyon will follow the cash, I don't like the guy, if he thinks launching chinese fecking websites is more important than finding cover for Terry , then his definition of football priorities is very different from mine. He will continue to be a JM fan until such time as he leaves and then he'll become a lifelong fan of whoever.

;) Duly noted, along with latent homophobia in your last post. Strange from someone whose team are also known as the Rentboys! :rolleyes:

Re Kenyon declaring self as "lifelong" fan, only happened when he got the job at OT. So file that one under trying to appease the fans.

Your welcome to him btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Lets not forget Kenyon also said he was a fan of what Chelsea were trying to do when he joined. Truth be told the man is slime in every sence of the word. The most hated man in English football? Quite possibly so.

As growler said, and to which I agree, he will be a fan of whoever. If Jose goes you will hear him spout some bull on the lines of, I liked him but didn't agree with him and a change as in order. He is not interested in football and I don't believe he is a fan of anyone. He is interested in money and business. To him the Cheslea brand is much more important to the Chineese public that the health of Terry, Cole etc...

iregk wrote:
    Truth be told the man is slime in every sence of the word. The most hated man in English football? Quite possibly so.

Seconded, what a smarmy, oligeanous fecker. Uniteds gain is your loss. :cool:

So you buying anyone this window then?

Advertisement