Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question

Options
  • 02-01-2007 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Hey everyone! I have a question. I have a fender strat 22 frets. i want to play a song which has to be played on a guitar wit 24 frets. question is: is it possible to use some techniques like pinch harmonics to play dat song on my 22 fret strat guitar?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

More suited to Instruments or Playing/Techniques/Theory forums... But anyway...

Try bending up to the note you want to hit. It's fairly easy to bend at the 22nd fret up to what the 24th would be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

What song is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

I presume this is a guitar solo (although I could be wrong) and that you're basically looking to use the highest note on the guiter (else you could move to the next string). My advice in that case would be to do your own thing - improvise and do it your own way. Bending the string would work, but might be extremely difficult to pull off - if it's a lead piece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

Bending at the 22nd fret would work so long as it's a light gauge (easier to bend) and as long you're actually looking to play the note on the 24th fret (e). But it won't work if trying to simulate someone bending at the 24th fret already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Rythym guitar doesnt usually use 24 frets so its probably a solo you are on about. Improvise the notes at the 24th fret (assuming its high e string otherwise move up a string). Play something that sounds ok. I usually make up solos as I play, but its probably good to plan ahead :)

Using harmonics is technically possible, but I daresay infeisable as a solution if you have to ask about them - no offence, but they are difficult to use in the manner you are suggesting so if you dont already understand them use my earlier advice and improvise.

• Advertisement
Advertisement