Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnancy and tatts.

Options
  • 03-01-2007 12:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if it's safe to get inked while pregnant. I have a few small pieces I would like finished soon.

I'm assuming piercings are ok? Well stretching to be exact, i'm in the process of stretching up my ears, but I can't see that being a problem.

I'm worried about the ink though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

You are better of leaving it until after you have the baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Id say most tattooists will refuse to work on pregnant women, im sure its safe to tattoo while pregnant but anything that is done to you may affect the bun in the oven plainly cos you two are connected.

type 'pregnancy' into the search engine of the line below
    http://wiki.bmezine.com/ <---- not safe for work
    and i dont like the way they describe pregnancy either :mad:

anywho view it at your own risk

hope it helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Thanks for that, really informative.

Yeah, I didn't like the way they described pregnancy either, actually I found it quite disgusting.

But anyway, I'm gonna leave the ink till next year, treat myself to a few sessions and leave the babs with it's daddy dearest! :D
    Should be a doddle compared to childbirth! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

well good luck with the bun in the oven :) hope all works out for ya

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Disgusting but kinda funny. :p

• Advertisement

You will gain some weight over the pregancy and someontes in places you won't expect and leaving your touch up work until after means that in the rare chance
    your tattos get effected with a scretch mark it can be worked around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

The basic idea behind their description is correct however they make it sound like something that gives no rewards. That I don't like.

Unfortunatly many of the alt lifestylers still see having children as being being 'square' and conforming and the end to being an alt lifestyler. /shrug

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Really? I thought it was the beginning of a new generation of free thinkers? I remember being called a "breeder" for the first time by a gay friend of a gay friend. I looked at him in shock and he said "OH no, don't get me wrong. I love your type. Without you there'd be no me". And he was serious.

Advertisement