Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Info on thailand?

Options
  • 03-01-2007 2:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

So myself and my pal are going to bangkok in like 4 weeks and then on to
    australia for a few months.

But now he suggested to me that we should divert our flights for another month and try and maybe to find bar work in bangkok or singapore.Because
    its so cheap to live there.

I'm a bit hesident,i think 3 weeks in thailand is enough we arrive in bangkok and have to make our own way down to singapore.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

First off , spend as little time in BKK as possible. It's dirty, smelly and there's not a lot of work you could do there, the locals have it pretty much sewn up. Try to get out the following day. Head to the coast, the islands, or Chiang Mai in the North, or even better, do all three! Plan your 3 weeks there, but don't decide straight away if you want to stay on and work. There's an overnight train that head south to KL, you could get out at Suratthani and go to Kho Phi phi or Kho Pha Ngan (Kho Samui is very touristy, I preferred KPN, get there before Full Moon though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭mickith

3 weeks should be fine imo. you should definitely try and have some sort of timescale for where your gona be and when. would you stay in thailand or would ye venture to cambodia or vietnam and the likes.
    dont no about the work sitiation in thailand tbh. its a very cheap place though and you should get by with not too much cash for 3 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I would think that everything is so cheap because it is relative to the average rate of pay! You won't be paid Irish wages and charged Thai prices! :D I'd say if you wanna stay for longer then save the money before-hand, cos it's not really worth working over there. I mean work for a day over here (>€70) and you could live in Thailand for nearly a week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'd suggest Koh Samui if you want to find a 'touristy' job. It has a lot of resort type things there, and it's only a short boat ride away from Koh Pan Ngan for the full moon party, which you definitely have to experience.

Definitely do not stay in Bangkok for any more than three nights at an absolute maximum.

Advertisement